Why become a member? ×

1979 Matsumoku Aria PB-550 Fretless - Maple neck *SOLD*
£350

davehux

I'm moving on this beautiful 1979 Aria Pro II PB-550.

Maple neck, new Fender flatwounds, original DiMarzio pup, and sticker. It's got it all going on!!

A couple of dings on the top of the body, and at some stage it obviously had an ashtray bridge cover, but for something approaching 36 years old, it's in great shape. Everything works as it should, and it has a real P bass thump to it

Yours for £350 delivered to a UK address

Edited by davehux

Pretty sure that'll be 1979, not 1987 - Aria stopped making copies around 1980 or so - and Matsumoku shut up shop altogether in '86/'87. It appears they used the same serialisation scheme as Fujigen on some instruments - can't quite see but it looks like the s/n is A790283, which would be the 283rd instrument produced in January '79.

Pedantry aside, that's a thing of beauty. Not too many Aria copies made it to the UK, and I've never seen an Aria P with that stunning translucent burst finish, or a factory-fitted DiMarzio - didn't know they did that.

That's a proper piece of MIJ history right there, and if I had the space, the money, and the ability to play fretless without lines, I'd be all over it. GLWTS!

Jon.