Why become a member? ×

ebay scam????advice please

Ebay are a shower of c***ts, they always find in favour of the buyer, no matter what, I still use them as they reach my target audience, but once you know they don't give a f**k about you, you can approach it with open eyes. Scammers are everywhere, just comes down to statistics, Ebay are probably the biggest scammers out there.......

I sold an acoustic last year. The buyer received it and left positive feedback. They then opened a "not as described" case as they claimed the first 2 frets needed replacing. I called bullshit and fought it. I offered to refund as long as they returned it to me in the exact condition they received it in. As they had said they had "sent it away for repair", eBay decided in my favour as they couldn't return in it the condition they received it in. It was the first time as a seller they had found in my favour but proof that it does happen occasionally...

trouble with not using ebay is your potential customer market is so much smaller, so you probably don't get such a good price, I know whenever I'm looking for an item ebay is my first point of call.
I've got another acoustic guitar on there at the moment,(being a lefty it's the only way I can try guitars before deciding which one is for me) I've stipulated a minimum of 25 feedback and I'll be taking extensive photo's of it before it goes off. Not being able to give negative feedback to a buyer is a mystery to me

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1417026103' post='2616337']
I can cover staffs for collecting it back, I'm sure we can relay it back between us? Im a spiteful bastard so if it were mine I'd always rather get it back and smash it to bits before letting someone have it for half the price because of new dubious marks :D
[/quote]

Where does the buyer live?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1417026103' post='2616337']
I can cover staffs for collecting it back, I'm sure we can relay it back between us? Im a spiteful bastard so if it were mine I'd always rather get it back and smash it to bits before letting someone have it for half the price because of new dubious marks :D
[/quote]
[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1417040190' post='2616610']
Where does the buyer live?
[/quote]
I felt the same way Pete but I'm also a pragmatist, £60 is better than nothing, I've drawn a line under it now and moved on with a lesson learned, the buyer lived in Somerset.