Why become a member? ×

Any BC’ers due to travel between North West (England) and Cardiff Area – Help with Bass Trade?

bagsieblue

Are there any BC’ers who are due to travel between the North West of England and the Cardiff Area?

Myself and another BC’er have a potential trade deal and would prefer not to ship our precious basses.
Logisitics are proving tricky to co-ordinate.

Can any BC’er help?

They have these things now called trains, pretty good really, they travel around to most places, and can be quite cheap, especially if you book in advance.

There's also something called a coach, not the old thing pulled by horses, this uses an engine.

Seriously, I've travelled all over trading basses and stuff, treat it as a day out. If you're doing a trade, then meet halfway somewhere nice.

And ask at your local train station, sometimes it's cheaper to stop off halfway, and catch another train, rather than go all the way direct. For example, it's cheaper for me to travel from Birmingham to Cheltenham, and then on to Bristol, than it is to travel direct to Bristol, and only takes 30 minutes longer, but saves about £20.

:)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1414507245' post='2589979']
They have these things now called trains, ................[/quote]

A good point, pointedly made.
I did Preston>Brum by train last Thursday for £18 :o cos Virgin are doing special deals just now, it took 90 mins, Brum being a handy meeting up point.
Last I heard from mates in Cardiff though it's a major PITA to get from there to anywhere else by train.