Why become a member? ×

my basses

steve

I think I have a relatively stable set of basses for the time being, so i thought I'd post a pic

from L to R:
my newly acquired Fender Jazz (thanks Geoff) - easy to play, sounds great, looks the dogs
Fender P - as above, just different
Fender MusicMaster - swapped with one of my guitarists for my Squier VMJ - it needs a refret, which I may do myself. Currently has a Kent Armstrong Hot Rail Guitar pickup and no controls. It still needs a bit of TLC, I'll get there
Franken P - very heavy body which i got of ebay, some fool had (poorly) painted over the wonderful grain. Oil finished, replaced the neck (which has a lovely figure on the fb), which I tru-oiled. It has a very high mass piezo bridge, diMarzio pup and a home made pre-amp for piezo, and stacked jazz control knobs. Strung with flats, it sounds wonderful acoustically as well as amplified
Cort fretless, loads of tones, again strung with flats, sounds great, i wish I had more opportunity to use it

Edited by steve

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='253030' date='Aug 1 2008, 11:05 PM']Fantastic looking ash body on your "Franken P" :)[/quote]

It looks amazing in the flesh, so to speak, it's almost distracting when i'm playing. I couldn't believe some numpty had covered it up

[quote name='steve' post='253181' date='Aug 2 2008, 10:30 AM']It looks amazing in the flesh, so to speak, it's almost distracting when i'm playing. I couldn't believe some numpty had covered it up[/quote]
The Franken P does look great...what a find :)