Why become a member? ×

No Time Wasters please...

CHW

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1411662946' post='2561707']
Whats embarrassing about it? You never had to use the phone to chase someone up?

[i][b]Ever heard of someone loosing a phone number, getting taken to hospital unexpectedly etc. Im not suggesting this is the case, but why wade in with the insults until you know the full story.

Seems to be the norm around here these days.[/b][/i]

They may well be time wasters, but you dont know that for sure, not yet.
[/quote]

"Text message with 5 songs" suggest they have not lost the number. Mobile phones aint like bits of paper that get 'blow out odf the car window' :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size][size=4] are they?[/size]

[size=4]Wade in with insults.... ???[/size]

[size=4]Nah, just experience talking mate, Parr for the course - being involved with bands will break your heart if you let it.[/size]

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1411666139' post='2561748'] Mobile phones aint like bits of paper that get 'blow out odf the car window' :rolleyes: are they?[/quote]

If they are using an iPhone 6, quite possible, or it has bent in half in their pocket and broke. :)

Either way, sounds like a great escape for the OP.

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1411666139' post='2561748']

"Text message with 5 songs" suggest they have not lost the number. Mobile phones aint like bits of paper that get 'blow out odf the car window' :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size][size=4] are they?[/size]

[size=4]Wade in with insults.... ???[/size]

[size=4]Nah, just experience talking mate, Parr for the course - being involved with bands will break your heart if you let it.[/size]
[/quote]

Text message with 5 songs means someone had a phone with the OP's number in it at the time ;-).

Just playing devils advocate really. I'm sure everyone of us has been let down by someone in our life, its all part of life. Busses that don't turn up on time, mates who forget to call you etc. I'm sure we don't turn our backs on a mate if they forget to call or do something. I sometimes take ages to do things I sometimes promise, but I assure you I'm not a waste of space or a nutter etc.

Of course, it might well have been done on purpose, who knows until the OP gets to the bottom of it. Who knows if the rest of that band are even aware of what's gone down. We just don't know.

You tell a common story, unfortunately. Just chalk it up to experience, frustrating and annoying as it might be.

I hope you don't make the mistake I've made before now and stayed with a band that isn't up to scratch just because they are nice people. I've done that - it was really starting to bug me and was taking up a lot of my thoughts. I felt so much better once I'd left and found another band of really great people who definitely cut the mustard as people [i]and [/i]players. :D

[quote name='inthedoghouse' timestamp='1411670647' post='2561810']

I hope you don't make the mistake I've made before now and stayed with a band that isn't up to scratch just because they are nice people.
[/quote]

Oh Bugger- that's exactly what I'm doing- I've been trying to come up with the best way of extracting myself for a while now.