Why become a member? ×

AXE pj copy

KennysFord

They were really, really cr@p guitars that used to sell through the back page of Kerrang and other music magazines in the late 80s.

Only buy it if
1) They're selling it for 50p
and
2) you're only buying it so you can smash it up on stage.

Avoid, avoid, avoid - they're not even worth trying to mod, real turd polishing territory.

I agree with all of the above, i bought one off ebay last year for 20 quid ( i was just starting out and didnt know any better).
I threw away the neck and kept the body, i still have the body in the wardrobe upstairs, heavy as hell and plywood, dont even go there.
I just use the body for learning to spray and prepping and thats all its good for.

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='251102' date='Jul 30 2008, 10:50 AM']hi all.
i spotted a pj copy in the local crack converters.It has "AXE" on the headstock and thats about it.
I cant find any info on the web about it,any of you guys know if its worth a trip back to town to have another look.
thanks in advance.[/quote]

Stay in the house and save the bus fare/petrol. :huh: I got one of these piles of poo in the '80's, simply to get "back on the road" with a Glen Miller type Band. When I moved on, and actually had to learn to move my fingers a bit more, I got rid of it. I couldn't get a real PJ Precision quickly enough. I sold it for £20 to a kid who "wanted to learn Bass". One month later, he gave it to his kid brother, and bought a "decent" copy. 2 months later, the kid brother threw it in a skip! :)