Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT classic head price drop to £700
£900

By_Tor2114

Hi guys,

I purchased this head brand new from GAK in 2010. It's not been gigged a great deal of times since then (Probably only twenty or so), as I've been doing a lot of my work on guitar for the past few years.

I've started to take some bass gigs again and I just want something lighter. As much as I love the tone, I don't enjoy the constant hernias.

I actually used this amp on a wedding gig last night, so I can say with confidence that the amp is functional, assuming that it hasn't spontaneously combusted overnight. It had a set of new valves about a year ago and has always been kept in the house. The condition of the amp is pretty good. There are a few small scuffs along the top, but the super bright flash on my camera actually makes them look worse than they really are. Other than that, it's pretty good.

I'm based in Bournemouth and would ideally like avoid using a courier. We all know the dangers of shipping valve amps in the post, not to mention the expense of sending something that is so heavy. If someone would like to collect locally, or meet at a reasonable halfway point, then we can arrange that.

If you want any other details/photos, feel free to ask. Depending on the interest from Bass Chat, I'll also be looking to go down the eBay route.

Oh, and at £700, it really is a Bobby Bargain. I see GAK are gouging people for £1,424 at the moment!

Edited by By_Tor2114

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1412375095' post='2568488']
What was the issue with this - there seems to be some missing posts??
[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/245243-ampeg-svt-classic-head-price-drop-to-l700/page__view__findpost__p__2563102"]See Post n°13...[/url]