Why become a member? ×

Vocals

tom1946

if you are saying the amp is fine when she is playing and singing, and it is just the speech that is an issue, then i think you need to look at that ahead of the amp.

5 or 6 inches away from a microphone is a fair distance and is probably the main reason the voice is quiet. As mentioned previously, a headset or lapel mic may do the trick.

In terms of feedback, as mentioned by Dad3353, this could be sorted by positioning the mic and amp differently.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1410710619' post='2552192']
Would it be loud enough, but for the feedback ? If so, maybe look at speaker/mic position instead of spending money?
[/quote]

Yes I'd experiment with mic & speaker position a bit...
One problem is that your wife will be in different venues though -
As venues tend to be very different from one another acoustically, you may end up with very different arrangements each time

Something else that may interest you though,
is the Roland Micro Cube amp....
These are mains or battery powered
I heard a couple of the lead versions of this amp last weekend,
and was very impressed at how loud they were, despite their diminutive size

Useful for situations where you have no mains electricity, or are miles from the nearest power socket
It should be possible to plug a microphone into one....

I'm currently looking around for a second-hand bass version of the amp

Cheers

Marc

Thanks guys.
The venues where this will be used are as said small country churches. When she is speaking no one else is making a sound, it's always very quiet. When we sing (I support her with bass and vocals as required, I don't need a mike to be heard in these places. (Yeah I know :rolleyes: )

I ordered the mixer to have a go, if it doesn't work I can send it all back, Andertons are very good to deal with. I'll report back when the mixer arrives.......

Edited by tom1946

Quick update.
The mixer has added a lot of volume to the mikes so the way we work it now is to put her 12 string direct to the roland speaker and the mike through the mixer first.
It all works great now.

Thanks to everyone for their input.