Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sei Flamboyant Offset 5 Fretless
£1500

ead

Copying selling format from another post as it seems to me to be a really good layout in terms of presenting the information. The pics are from an earlier post as they are so much better then mine. If you want pics from me to corroberate the quality of the bass I would be happy to oblige.

[b]Construction: [/b]
Body Style - Flamboyant Offset 5-string Fretless
Body Wood – Mahogany with a Birdseye Maple top, dark veneer
Matching Birdseye Maple headstock head plate and back plate with dark veneers
Neck – 7-piece, Flamed Maple and Purpleheart (neck through body construction)
Fingerboard – Ebony with quarter lines
High mass bridge with adjustable string spacing
Scale length - 34"

[b]Options fitted:[/b]
Blue side LEDs
Strap button behind top horn
Quarter-lined finger board
Gold hardware
Dunlop Dual Design strap-locks fitted (original Schaller strap-locks included)
Carbon fibre rods in neck

[b]Finish: [/b]
Natural gloss finish; this shows off the Birdseye Maple really nicely.

[b]Electronics:[/b]
Two [url="http://nordstrandpickups.com/products/fat-stacks/"]Nordstrand Fatstacks[/url] into an 18v Schack parametric 3-band EQ system. Both the battery compartment and electronics cavity covers are made from matching mahogany.

The controls are: Volume, pickup pan, treble boost/cut, mid boost/cut and bass boost/cut. A useful feature of this preamp is that the center frequency points can be set via DIL switches for all 3 bands. I have the schematics for all the settings.

The bass has blue LEDs running down the side of the neck, not something I particularly look for in an instrument but a nice touch. The LEDs are powered by a separate battery and are illuminated by pulling the volume control knob.

[b]History: [/b]
The bass was made in 2007 and I acquired the bass in a trade for my Dingwall AB1 a short while ago. This is undoubtedly a high quality instrument with a gorgeous slim neck and really flexible electronics package.

Everything is original and in excellent working order. The neck is nice and straight and having made a minor adjustment to the action I know that the truss rod works well. The electronics package is really flexible and having played around with the settings extensively I can also confirm that this in fine fettle.

The action is set quite low action, but there is scope to go lower still if that’s your preference. Bar a little unavoidable string wear on the fingerboard, the bass is in A1 condition. I cannot find any obvious dings or blemishes so the bass has been very well looked after.

[b]Weight/ergonomics: [/b]
Pretty lightweight for a 5er at 8.5lbs according to my bathroom scales, the bass balances well on the strap and is very comfy to play. The neck is fantastic, slim and very comfortable to move around on. Neck-through construction allows easy access to the dusty end of the ‘board. There are two strap lock buttons on the bridge end of the body that allow further adjustability.

[b]Sound: [/b]
VERY versatile with the comprehensive electronic package. You can get an extremely wide range of tones with the EQ and balance controls.

[b]Strings: [/b]
Currently strung BEADG with D’Addario Chrome flat-wound singles; I chose the gauges for balanced string tension (40/55/75/100/132). The strings are around 6 months old so barely played-in in flat-wound terms.

The base came to me strung EADGC with round wound string that are included in the sale.

[b]Case/bag: [/b]
The bass comes with a Warwick hard case.

[b]Sale price and collection/delivery options:[/b]
£1,500 collected from my house in Chorley (near M6/M62/M65). To buy a similar bass new today would cost around £3,000, so I hope that you feel the price offers excellent value and is based on a realistic assessment of the market for second-hand fretless basses.

I am also happy to meet up or deliver within a reasonable range; please PM me to discuss possibilities. Delivery to your door using UPS or similar can be organised (at cost), although I would by far prefer to arrange personal delivery/exchange if at all possible given the quality of the instrument.

[b]Trade value:[/b]
£1,700; this was what was agreed between us when I traded my Dingwall AB1 for the Sei.

[b]Why am I selling? [/b]
This is a beautifully built and very flexible fretless bass. There are not many around, and Seis enjoy a loyal following. However there is a new fretless custom bass incoming and after a lot of contemplation I decided that this was the bass that has to go to avoid duplication of function and purpose.

[b]Trade/part exchange options:[/b]
Although a cash sale is my objective, I am open to trade offers, but please note that I can only consider trades with cash my way. Trade-wise, I'd consider a quality 4-string fretless bass or possible an oldish Fender P or J bass.

[b]My feedback:[/b]
Please see the links in my sig. below.

Thanks for your interest. If you need any more pictures or any more details please drop me a PM and I’ll do my best to give you a comprehensive response.

[attachment=171542:SEI Flamboyant FL 17.jpg]

Edited by ead

Excellent pitch!

This was mine and it is a superb instrument. The neck is its best feature for me, wonderful to play. Came very close to keeping this and fretting it, however it would have felt like I was ruining a piece of art!

Good luck with the sale, but you don't need it at that price, complete bargain!