Why become a member? ×

Wilkinson Vintage basses and parts stockists...

tommorichards

Why can you find a decent stockist of their range? I mean, you can find a few things here or there, but nowhere that sells their fullish range. Hell, ive just come across these basses on their website (JHS.co.uk), and cant find any anywhere besides their site, from which a list of dealers are given, which dont really have any of the stock in.

This is the bass in question

Also, i want to try and get those pickups, as they are a copy of the delanos, but google reveals pretty much nothing besides their JHS site. What gives? Just weird how they're not that advertised.

I have the same problem. I have a couple of their P basses which i like. I wanted to change the scratchplate on one so i emailed them but apparently you cant buy them as spares. I also wanted to try out one of the distressed icon jazz basses. I emailed them to ask what shops stocked that bass and they just gave me a list of shops to ring myself. After which it transpired noone was stocking them.
Great basses for money but hard to deal with

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1410262875' post='2547560']
I emailed them to ask what shops stocked that bass and they just gave me a list of shops to ring myself. After which it transpired noone was stocking them.
[/quote]
I'm not sure how any distributor would know which of their items a dealer would have in stock at any time so i'm not surprised they only gave you a list of dealers.