Why become a member? ×

ashdown rootmaster cabs

bonzodog

Has anyone had any experience with these new cabs in 210 or 212?

Having read through replies to a previous post I made here plus some other interesting threads I have decided to try and improve my rig all be it on a budget.
I want to replace my hartke 410TP with a couple of 8ohm 210 for ease of lifting, storage and hopefully a better sound. I can not afford top end gear like BF but dont want to spend money upgrading if the difference is minimal. Ive used ashdown stuff before and liked the sound and although my 410TP is ok, i am aware its a budget cab.
Id spend about £230 per 210 cab and my plan is to buy one a month.
They would be powered by my Hartke LH500.
I like the the look of the rootmaster but any other suggestions around that price bracket would be considered or should i just stick with my 410TP?
I play mod/60s covers
Thanks

[quote name='grenadilla' timestamp='1409902006' post='2544380']
(...)
Please try an Ampeg PF 210. They [u][b]only[/b][/u] weigh about [b][u]45 lbs[/u][/b].
[/quote]

Only? 23Kg is way too heavy for a cab these days, you can get neo 112s weighting around 10kg each and my 212 weights 19kg. I had a Aguilar DB112 that weighted about the same as that Ampeg and i moved it because it was way too heavy to move around. I'm not a weak person, i just don't need any more back injury ;)

Edited by Ghost_Bass