Why become a member? ×

## Sold ## FS/FT EBMM Stingray 3eq 2007 White/Maple
£700

Deedee

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]For sale or possible trade for a US Precision[/color][/size][/font]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Hi all[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]I may regret this but I'm looking to reduce my Stingray collection by one to make way for a Precision.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]I received this bass in a trade with a fellow BC'er earlier this year:[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]2007[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]3band EQ[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]'Off' White – nicely discolouring[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Maple fingerboard – again nicely ageing[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Schaller strap lock buttons[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]MMHSC[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]It really does look very retro with the white finish going distinctly yellow and the maple neck and fingerboard both darkening. [/color][color=#000000]This 'ray is in great condition with the only blemish of note, a chip below the bridge which can be seen (and blown up) in one of the attached photos.[/color] [color=#000000]I have a MM hard shell case to go with it (the case is cracked in a couple of places but these are not noticeable or detrimental to the protection the case gives). [/color] [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]It plays and sounds great but I'm sticking to a 'last in first out' policy.[/color] [color=#000000]Rotating 3 Stingrays is fun but I'm looking to throw something different into the pot![/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Trade wise I'm looking for a tasty US Precision.[/color] [color=#000000]I'm not into 'road worn' so something that has been well looked after, ideally with a maple neck, original hard case and a tone knob that does something![/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]I'm open to taking a bass plus cash my way, but after recent spending I'm not looking to part with any cash myself.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]I'm based in South Yorkshire but am willing to travel to meet up for the right bass.[/color] [color=#000000]I'm around this weekend then in Scotland from Monday, returning next Saturday.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Hit me with what you have ;) [/color][/font][/size]

Edited by Deedee

Oh, good grief, here we go again...

My favourite combo'...white/maple. Somebody, hurry up and buy this, my GAS and non-existent disposable income is bad enough without adding Stingray fuel to the fire.

Seriously nice bass/price.

GLWTS, bud.

[quote name='Salotti' timestamp='1408527683' post='2530988']
Hi mate, are you interested in a Fender Precision Special FSR Deluxe? Is the active version.

Let me know

Cheers
[/quote]

Hi

Afraid not, I'm looking for a bog standard American plug and play and it must have a Precision neck, not a jazz.

Cheers

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1408529752' post='2531016']
The inevitable 'what's the weight' question :)
[/quote]

Not entirely sure on the weight. It's an ash body and certainly weighs far more than a new US std Precision I tried in a shop the other day.

To be fair I do prefer a bass with a bit of weight to it 😉

• 2 weeks later...