Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Celinder Update J4 for sale

birdy

Pic's here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21860&hl=celinder"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=celinder[/url]

£1700 o.n.o.

If there is no interest in this I will eBay and/or send to the Gallery but I thought I would see if anyone here is interested.

No trades unless you have a high end head c.£700 that I may be interested in.

Any trial welcome in North Birmingham. Would prefer collection rather than postage.

Reason for sale is I am trimming down to two 5 string basses both of which will be Nordy VJ5's.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by birdy

Wicked bass mate - you going all 5 bangers then?

For you people who havn't had the pleasure of dealing with Steve; he's a top bloke and every bass he owns is amazing. You won't be dissapointed I can assure you. IMHO Celinder make the best basses I've ever played.

Edited by TimmyC

[quote name='TimmyC' post='248437' date='Jul 26 2008, 02:33 PM']Wicked bass mate - you going all 5 bangers then?

For you people who havn't had the pleasure of dealing with Steve; he's a top bloke and every bass he owns is amazing. You won't be dissapointed I can assure you. IMHO Celinder make the best basses I've ever played.[/quote]

Hi Tim, Yes all 5 string for the time being at least! Thanks for the comments.

Celinders are great I agree - If anyone has a 5 string Celinder to trade that would be of interest!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='248944' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:25 PM']Hi Tim, Yes all 5 string for the time being at least! Thanks for the comments.

Celinders are great I agree - If anyone has a 5 string Celinder to trade that would be of interest!

Steve[/quote]
On the few places I know they become available, they get snapped up at almost any price.

[quote name='SpinalTap' post='254358' date='Aug 4 2008, 01:26 PM']Bump for a great looking Celinder!

I just bought another bass, otherwise this would be mine. :)[/quote]
another celinder?

If this does go to Ebay, I'll be watching the auction with a lot of interest.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='254418' date='Aug 4 2008, 02:16 PM']another celinder?

If this does go to Ebay, I'll be watching the auction with a lot of interest.[/quote]

I am still in two minds as to whether to sell so won't be rushing it on to eBay just yet. Its something that I 'should' sell rather than 'want' to sell so we will see what happens!

Steve

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='254418' date='Aug 4 2008, 03:16 PM']another celinder?[/quote]

No, A '77 Stingray, in 'mint' condition. Plays and sounds wonderfull.
Bought it on the day, Birdy put this FS-ad up here......
I really would like to have an J Update, but I like the Stingray to much, to part with it, to fund for this Celinder.
And with already 2 Celinder J-basses, I can't complain. . :)

[quote name='bassaussie' post='254469' date='Aug 4 2008, 02:55 PM']Steve, are you Sadowsky-free at present? I'm shocked to hear you've got all 5 strings!![/quote]

Hi Mark! yes Sadowksy free at the moment. Not sure how long that will last as they are great basses. The 5 string thing has been a gradual process of trial and error but I am enjoying them now and they are really useful in the covers band for a variety of reasons!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pete.young' post='264176' date='Aug 17 2008, 09:04 PM']I can't imagine ever getting rid of a Celinder.

Steve, whatever happened to that amazing red Valenti jazz that you got from richardd ?[/quote]

Pete - it went to Waveydavy as part of one of our numerous deals about 6 months ago. I don't think he still has it but I could be wrong.

Steve