Why become a member? ×

Surely a top gig

lurksalot

I have just sat through a really good first set of a blues/country/softish rock covers outfit who are really good , there is me and 8 others in the bar , now if we were in the horse & jockey or even the dog & duck there would be no issue , but with 50,000 people passing through the neighbourhood today , 93,000 yesterday, and a constant throng outside the door, 200 people sat listening to the drivel of a karaoke 150 yards away , the management of this place needs sacking .....

Or Maybe the wrong sort of adults go to Disneyland :D

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1407790775' post='2524109']
I guess those 93,000 people yesterday and 50,000 people today didn't go there to listen to a blues/country/softish rock covers outfit. Maybe if they dressed up as a mouse . . . . .
[/quote]
I think they did all dress up as mice , maybe the band should have as well ;)

Having stayed for the second set , the band were good , little raport maybe , a touch bland with the song choices , but deserved better than they got , I am sure they were a pro act though and the €€
would have been enough to settle their bar tab ;)

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1407829276' post='2524300']
Obviously people have better things to do and see there.
I doubt the band would mind much...they know the score, took the gig and are getting paid.
I'd bet it was a residency.
[/quote]

I guess so , it just seemed a bit mad to have such a decent set up and an empty bar , especially if it was like that most nights

I believe Disney rotate their bands so they will know what the business does.
I wonder if they do a matinee show as well... and if so, would expect them to be on cruise type money
so worth doing..???
It will be tough to get in there as Disney control everything so the band will have to be good even if
it can be a bit soul destroying. Welcome to the pro world of having to take all sorts.

But sure, it that was typical for that band, then they'd not be invited back once the contract was over.

I'd imagine the band would need to be good evening entertainment for the hotel guests onsite
but there are also alternatives...but sure, a bit galling to be beaten out by kareoke