Why become a member? ×

Earth Wind and Fire classics.

bubinga5

Having a family BBQ today and playing some EWF.. not saying its to everyones taste, but I've never heard anyone in the past say. "this is sh*t" its a bit like putting on some Stevie Wonder or the Beatles. there is either a bit of respect or it just sounds good to the ears. the kids are dancing anyways, and the old ones.

do you have a favourite EWF classic, or non classic. ?

this is just superb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYnVMoO-EPc

Edited by bubinga5

I like them. September is a classic. I think it maybe more a case of going back to your childhood type of thing. I am into all trhe old disco type stuff. Some good stuff in that era.I never had the opportunity to see them, but a workmate said they were the best band he has seen live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1407582117' post='2521974']
I like them. September is a classic. I think it maybe more a case of going back to your childhood type of thing. I am into all trhe old disco type stuff. Some good stuff in that era.I never had the opportunity to see them, but a workmate said they were the best band he has seen live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
[/quote]

jeez. i think there as relevant today as they were back then. its what you take from it. imo.

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1407582117' post='2521974']
I never had the opportunity to see them, but a workmate said they were the best band he has seen live.
[/quote]
I saw EW&F in the 70s and it was one of the best live shows i've ever seen complete with levitating bass players (Verdine White) and the finale where all of the band get into a massive triangular thing and are hoisted into the air then it all falls apart and hey presto! there's no one in it.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1407583968' post='2522002']
jeez. i think there as relevant today as they were back then. its what you take from it. imo.
[/quote]Yes, of course they are relevant today, as they were a big part of the era. That i look back with nostalgia, and realise they are still a great band, is testament that to me, they are still relevant

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1407584268' post='2522005']
I saw EW&F in the 70s and it was one of the best live shows i've ever seen complete with levitating bass players (Verdine White) and the finale where all of the band get into a massive triangular thing and are hoisted into the air then it all falls apart and hey presto! there's no one in it.
[/quote]Perhaps it was the same show. That is exactly how he described it.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1407581716' post='2521966']
do you have a favourite EWF classic, or non classic. ?
[/quote]
They were a fabulous band. I love all of their stuff and it still sounds a fresh today to me as did way back then and this live version of Sun Goddess is a gem.

http://youtu.be/eAx7jNtg_Cc

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1407584516' post='2522012']
They were a fabulous band. I love all of their stuff and it still sounds a fresh today to me as did way back then and this live version of Sun Goddess is a gem.

[media]http://youtu.be/eAx7jNtg_Cc[/media]
[/quote]thats so good Geoff. !

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1407584268' post='2522005']

[/quote]

I was there too. Wembley if I remember right. Fabulous gig, one of the best I've ever been to.

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1407584516' post='2522012']
They were a fabulous band. I love all of their stuff and it still sounds a fresh today to me as did way back then
[/quote]

+1 I have a great time struggling to play some of Verdine's lines. The missus & I opened the dancefloor proceedings with Boogie Wonderland when we were wed. I busted some mighty fine moves :D

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1407670821' post='2522736']
+1 I have a great time struggling to play some of Verdine's lines. The missus & I opened the dancefloor proceedings with Boogie Wonderland when we were wed. I busted some mighty fine moves :D
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Verdine struggles to play some of those lines....
I not seen any shows online recently where he hasn't been miming the bass part.