Why become a member? ×

NBD G&L JB-2 tribute

stubass

Just arrived at my work. 3 tone sunburst with maple board, lovely translucent finish showing the stunning grain of the swap ash body. 7 hours til I can play it, will be a long day lol! Must add that I got the original model photos as it was the one thomann used for the website images. Nice touch :)

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1407329727' post='2519472']
Very nice. These are ridiculously cheap on Thomann at the moment, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with it, and seeing some pics of your own!

As an aside, I don't think I could ever get a bass delivered to work. It would be pure torment!
[/quote]

I'll throw a couple snaps up tonight. Yeah, you couldn't get a used one for that price not all that long ago, with a couple vouchers to redeem too, it's pittance really considering the spec. And yeah, it's borderline torture but the wife's got her mean eye and grimace on just now so better for all concerned!

I can see why it's referred to as a jazz on steroids! It's definitely a bit more aggressive with the taps right open. It can be tamed though by backing off the neck pick up. I think it's almost identical shape wise to my sb2 (photo of the sisters attached) It took a bit of setting up, action was high even before my chromes went on, but I've managed to get as low an action now as I ever have, brilliant! I've heard the fret finishing can be dodgy with these but no issues, smooth as the proverbial. Sustain in bucketloads as per with a g&l, really happy. She'll get a proper workout at practice on Friday, can't bloody wait!