Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Rivoli II 1990's Reissue SOLD
£445

ash

As part of my clear out to fund a vintage Epiphone I'm selling one of my two reissue basses. This is the Korean version of the Epiphone Rivoli and is the harder to find double pickup version with baritone push button control. The bass is beautifully made with no issues other than minor cosmetic wear and the usual selector switch tip missing. There is also an area of the bridge pickup surround which has been filed down to prevent the E string catching on it when played in the higher registers ( great design fault eh? ). Truss rod turns and adjusts as it should and frets are fine. It has a short scale and is well balanced and easy to play with a surprising array of tones. The sunburst finish is gorgeous it's a real head turner. Construction is superb throughout. The bass has no case or bag so pickup is preferred but I have a decent sized box and loads of packing material which I can send it in at buyers expense. Sorry no trades.

Edited by ash

Parcelforce tend not to compensate properly for damaged in transit instruments...... worth checking:

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-information/compensation-refunds-and-claims/items-we-exclude-compensation

Some other carriers are much better at this.

Regards, Paul.

Never had a problem with Parcelforce in terms of their service so I've not needed to claim insurance. I am more than happy for the buyer to organise their own preferred courier at their end. In fact it's preferable as I'm recovering from a tendon operation so I'm not very mobile at present. Cheers for the advice and comments - it's a lovely bass but I need to release funds for a vintage one that's come my way :)

It's a pickup selector switch, the top is missing ( you can pick them up cheap enough) so you can use the treble pickup on its own if you want - sounds great quite mid range and honky, there are a lot more tonal variations than the pure 'mud' of the single pickup version.