Why become a member? ×

Unexpected Tone....

CamdenRob

Turned up last night to Londons most salubrious rehearsal studio, Denmark Streets very own Enterprise Studios... Having waded through the pools of vomit here a few times before I was not looking forward to a evening of sh*t bass sound, sticky carpets and possible electrocution.

We were given room 1, which along with smelling like an ogres armpit had this beast as my amp for the evening...

Now those trace heads are pretty much a studio staple and they have always sounded crap to me without exception, so I wasn't expecting much from a cab that looked like it had been held together with gaffa tape since 1972...

However it sounded absolutely huge.... I ran the amp volume on 1 out of 10 and it was punchy, deep,warm and seriously loud, probably the best sound I've had recently.

I want one now... and someone to carry it.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1404460518' post='2492751']
What is the cab? Looks like it's got four tens and a fifteen in there...
[/quote]

I dunno... I couldn't see at the time but looking at that photo it does look like a 15 and 4 10s... think the camera flash is showing the outline of the cones.

Sounded enormous though.

Edited by CamdenRob

Looks like it might have been one of these... albeit a much older one

http://www.hiwatt.co.uk/products/custom/bass-range/p/hiwatt-4x10-1x15-combined-speaker-cabinet

Coming in at a cool £2K

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404462189' post='2492776']
Er... just what [i]is[/i] that staining the carpet..?
[/quote]

It was like that when I got there officer... :ph34r:

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1404463924' post='2492801']
I recorded my bands live EP in that room using the power section of the trace and a mix of DI and that cab miked up. I loved my tone with the VT Deluxe.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/chinspinner/oubliette"]https://soundcloud.c...inner/oubliette[/url]
[/quote]

It's a huge room... awful smell though :blink:

No soundcard in the works PC unfortunatly but I'll check that out when I get home. It sounded great though the Trace alone so with the VT it must have been epic...

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1404465092' post='2492812']
Two cans of lager - the sensible professional's choice for a (let me guess) two-hour session?
[/quote]

It's actually mandatory... the guys won't let me in the room without my lager ration for the evening.

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1404465092' post='2492812']
Two cans of lager - the sensible professional's choice for a (let me guess) two-hour session?
[/quote]

Not if it's Special Brew!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404462189' post='2492776']
Looks more like four tens and a twelve.
[/quote]

There you go - wrong again! :lol:

Edited by discreet