Why become a member? ×

Bass faces.

leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1408397813' post='2529880']
Anyone know what she actually looks like when she's NOT appearing to have her mouth hanging out of a Euro-star window at full pelt? :huh:
[/quote]

I've just Googled her name and managed to find the few pictures that don't include the weird "surprised cod" expressions. Apart from the Wikipedia entry, most threads are the subject of the "faces"

This leads me to believe that she's more famous for those than for bass playing.

As to her being "super hot" ? Hmm. I guess you'd have to make a judgement if you just saw her in the street without a bass, not knowing who she was.

We are playing a beer festival this weekend, opening act on the Saturday. The perfect slot, get the gig over with then work our way along the bar while watching everyone else play! I might push the boat out and tap both feet, possibly even lift a heel occasionally, and if the mood really takes me I might smile at least once during the set! I suspect however I'll spend half of it leaning over the drum kit telling the drummer to speed up, slow down, or stop changing speed all the time.

Can't beat a bit of bass face, but Haim do look like one of the road crew wired all their gear to the mains and keeps switching it on and off.

Cheers,
Rich

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1408521785' post='2530896']
I've just Googled her name and managed to find the few pictures that don't include the weird "surprised cod" expressions. Apart from the Wikipedia entry, most threads are the subject of the "faces"[/quote]

That's a bit of a shaim <_< , they do nothing for me, the sets I've watched on TV etc all seem quite "samey" music wise & I'm curious how much of it is down to the novelty of a female band that actually plays.
She may end up as the female equivalent of Mick Jagger.

Afaik she has not tried to be known as a celebrity bass player in her own right (like the ones people list on here most of us have never heard of) she is just a member of a band that are doing quite well, she is a tidy enough player IMO, even sneaks a bit of slap in here and there. Would they be where they are now if they were not three reasonable looking girls that can all play an instrument or two, probably not but I still like them.