Why become a member? ×

1994 Musicman Sterling with nice birdseye! *SOLD*
£799

danhkr

Rare early USA made Musicman Sterling in trans red with gorgeous birdseye maple neck. I bought this on here from Apothem 3 years ago and it's a wonderful, wonderful bass with a stunning neck to play as well as look at.

Sadly I need to thin down to just one bass eventually and sentimental value of something else means this can go at the right price.

Condition is very good, some tarnishing of the nickel here and there and a few little superficial dinks on the body, but nothing drastic or through to the wood etc. The bass plays and sets-up great and the electrics (3-band actives) are all in perfect working order.

This is an early Sterling, first or second year of production I think, so has the big bridge with the mutes (completely intact and functional) and of course a birdseye neck that I have not seen bettered!

Comes with a hardcase (Fender black tolex style) which I assume is original because it fits the Sterling perfectly and is too small for a Precision or Jazz etc. Case has a few nicks here and there, but they're just the normal signs of use.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by danhkr

[quote name='Apothem' timestamp='1403536535' post='2483672']
Hi Dan

Pleased to hear my old Sterling served you well. Killer, snappy bass!!! Guys, this is the most unbelievable birdseye you will ever see!!

Cheers!!
[/quote]

Oh it's really been great mate! I know I'm gonna regret letting it go but life gets in the way sometimes!

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1403537170' post='2483684']
That neck is gorgeous. If this was a 'Ray I think I'd have to have it.

GLWTS
[/quote]

You already have Rays! No point replicating what you've already got :P

[quote name='danhkr' timestamp='1403537297' post='2483687']

You already have Rays! No point replicating what you've already got :P
[/quote]

True, but every time i try something else, they just don't feel quite right (regardless of how gorgeous they are) 😕

[quote name='ale29' timestamp='1403548567' post='2483812']
This is way cool.
Would you be interested in a '08 Fender Road Worn jazz, by any chance?
[/quote]

I like the RW's a lot, but looking for a straight sale, sorry.