Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 (2014 combo)

isteen

Any words on this lightweight 500 watt combo?
Other alternatives in the 400-500 watt/price range?
I hear the sound is good, vintage and very loud. The option of adding a second cab to it nice.
The price is very good - but is there other stuff at that price I should consider?

Thanks

Review ( if you can call it that) in this months BGM. I sound a bit grumpy on this as they show two identical cabs ( when one will do), no picture of the controls and the summaries are both labelled Fender Rumble 100 when they actually review the 500 too.... They were not keen on the FX but say the combos are nice and light. For the same £ from Thomann you could get a punchier and smaller MarkBass 15" 500w combo.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

The Rumble is 555 euro at Thoman

[url="http://www.thomann.de/dk/markbass_mini_cmd_151p_lm3.htm"][/url]
[url="http://www.thomann.de/dk/markbass_mini_cmd_151p_lm3.htm"][b]the MarkbassMini CMD 151P LM3 is 879 euro?[/b][/url]

Edited by isteen

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1403473158' post='2483091']
I have the Rumble 40 (great!) and played through the 500 in GAK whilst I was day tripping through Brighton. Wasn't there for long, but it sounded...like a bigger, meaner version of my 40!

Well worth the price of admission if you ask me.
[/quote]
I have been using the new rumble 500 for a few gigs now, it's a great lightweight and loud combo, deffo a bit of the vintage sound to it, but hit the bright switch on it and it you can get a lot of top end even with the horn off.
It's a nice budget amp.

[quote name='isteen' timestamp='1403518800' post='2483379']
I haven't played it yet, but I really like the option of adding an extra cab (like a 1x15") to it.
[/quote]

It is an option for sure. I was tempted at practice to add on an Aggie GS 12 to it, but didn't bother in the end as it had enough there.
I think an extra 15" would be nice if you wanted to go very loud or really get some air moving.