Why become a member? ×

Newtone Strings Diamond Bass

Dread Bass

Had a set of these on my 7 string bass for a few weeks now and i must say they are excellent strings. I was looking for bright, punchy and clear and they deliver perfectly. I tune my bass: EBEADGC so its tuned an octave slow a normal E so finding strings is challenging.

For anyone who is not aware these are handmade strings made in the Midlands. There is a wait for custom strings but they are available from Strings Direct. The idea of having something wound for my needs really appealed to me. I must say the strings really complement both my playing style and my gear (Aguilar amps and cabs, ACG custom basses). The strings have a good tension and great harmonic content, I am able to get a full spectrum of tones from them.

The staff are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. They were able to wind my low string a .175 with no issues.

I was using D'addario strings but I will now be using Newtone on all my basses.

Check them out here: [url="http://newtonestrings.com/bass_page.htm"]http://newtonestring...m/bass_page.htm[/url]

Edited by Dread Bass

I have a custom heavy set on my 6 string. They took ages to come, although no longer than quoted. Anyway, when I got them the high C snapped straight away. I emailed them about it and they were dead nice and sent me a new one within a couple of days - well impressed!

what is the deal with those Platinum series strings? Would I be right in assuming that they are basically wound to have the played-in sound straight away? Or is there some other magic going on?