Why become a member? ×

all sold

Bassy

2 pedals all in excellent condition with original boxes. All prices incl p&p. or can meet in London -Finchley or city.

Frantone Bass Sweet - £80 - Very thick bass distortion/ fuzz, like a cross between a Russian big muff and a zvex mammoth fuzz. Tons of bottom end, top build quality.

Electro Harmonix Pulsar - £40 - Vintage style Tremelo, with selectable Wave Shape Switch. You can get a soft vibrato to a hard edged synth-style deep pulse.
DepthKnob – Adjusts the amount of Tremolo that will be applied to your signal.
Rate Knob – Adjusts the speed of modulation for the effect.
Rate/Status LED – If the effect is engaged, the LED will blink at the same rate that the effect modulates.

Edited by Bassy

I know the Pulsar trem seems like a funny idea for a bass, but with a fuzz pedal it sounds like a huge evil pulsing synth. Amazing! I've got another trem which is smaller so that's why this one's going.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='245607' date='Jul 22 2008, 07:09 PM']If I had some spare cash I would jump on that Sparkle Drive, it's meant to be one of the best bass overdrives going. But I'll hang onto my Badder Monkey for now![/quote]

the way you described the bass sweet i got quite excited, but after listening to a couple sound samples, its seems to sound pretty muddy on the bass end of the neck whats your opinion of it??

It has a very thick fuzz sound. i've never heard anything like it before so it's difficult to compare. It seems to be based on the big muff, but a much better build quality. The controls are sustain which adds in the amount of fuzz, this pedal cannot give a gritty valve type of sound, it is a very extreme sounding fuzz pedal. The tone control works just like the muff, as you turn it clockwise there is more treble and the bottom end drops away, as you turm acw the bottom end gets huge. There is a volume as well. It holds the notes well even down to the low B on a 5 string. No mudiness, but it is very fuzzy, so definition from a pick can get lost unless you turn up the tone control.
I was using it with a jazz 5 string to get a thick, smooth fuzz not unlike a synth. I have a Tubescreamer that i use for a valve type overdrive, but it can't get close to the sound of the Frantone.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='246032' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:53 PM']the way you described the bass sweet i got quite excited, but after listening to a couple sound samples, its seems to sound pretty muddy on the bass end of the neck whats your opinion of it??[/quote]

I've had a few people asking about the Bass Sweet pedal and i found this review from Bass Player mag. So this may help?

Frantone Electronics Bassweet
The Frantone Bassweet is housed in a hardy yet lovely purple case with sweet cream-colored Bakelite knobs and a bright green steel-bezeled LED. While detaching the bottom plate is the most involved of all battery-replacement methods, it’s also the most robust. Frantone put a lot of attention into audio-impacting detail, and the resulting tone—classic bass fuzz with a vivid harmonic signature—is a testament to the excellent design. Smooth-sounding germanium transistors are used for clipping, and the remaining electrical components are high quality, like silver/Teflon wiring and a New-Old-Stock Fairchild transistor driver from the ’70s. Its tone is a beautiful realization of the bass fuzz sound, dripping with soul-stirring personality. Sustain increases the fuzz intensity and tone is a basic high-cutting filter. All together, the Bassweet was simple and extremely effective.

List $235
Street $220
Power 9V batt. or AC adapter
True bypass Yes
Weight 1 lb, 8 oz
Warranty Lifetime limited
Made in U.S.A.
Contact www.frantone.com

[quote name='Bassy' post='246817' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:11 PM']It has a very thick fuzz sound. i've never heard anything like it before so it's difficult to compare. It seems to be based on the big muff, but a much better build quality. The controls are sustain which adds in the amount of fuzz, this pedal cannot give a gritty valve type of sound, it is a very extreme sounding fuzz pedal. The tone control works just like the muff, as you turn it clockwise there is more treble and the bottom end drops away, as you turm acw the bottom end gets huge. There is a volume as well. It holds the notes well even down to the low B on a 5 string. No mudiness, but it is very fuzzy, so definition from a pick can get lost unless you turn up the tone control.
I was using it with a jazz 5 string to get a thick, smooth fuzz not unlike a synth. I have a Tubescreamer that i use for a valve type overdrive, but it can't get close to the sound of the Frantone.[/quote]

Hi there - just wanted to say thanks for getting the Voodoolab Sparkle Drive sent to me - arrived today (well, actually it arrived yesterday, but I wasn't at home, so I had to do the old "visit the local Postal Sorting Office" thing)

Thanks again
Kev