Why become a member? ×

Android App for creating a setlist

aj5string

I've not found anything yet but i'm looking to use my android tablet for the same purose, with a footswitch for page turning, my plan was to hang it off the back of the PA speaker so i could use it as a prompt and a setlist,

if anyone has found a bluetooth footswitch that isn't huge (and plastic) then i'd be interested, something about the size of a pair of mxr pedals would be perfect (before i try and build one myself)

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1403177771' post='2480480']
... my plan was to hang it off the back of the PA speaker.....
[/quote]

Careful, PA speaker = big magnet = trashed data storage on your tablet.

I too am interested in a set list app and have found "Setlist helper and songbook" on Play. Only read the details so far but keen to see if it does what I need it to :)

yeah i know about the problems of big magnets and damaging delicate electrical equipment, (and i have a trashed computer screen to prove it!) i was going to make a metal screening plate to go across the back of the tablet and probably space it as far off the back as i can (i'm a design engineer by day so knocking up some kind of safe mount won't be a problem)

I'll look up the app on play when i get home tonight, would be good to get this up and running for future gigs.

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1403184562' post='2480593']

Careful, PA speaker = big magnet = trashed data storage on your tablet.

I too am interested in a set list app and have found "Setlist helper and songbook" on Play. Only read the details so far but keen to see if it does what I need it to :)
[/quote]

Tablets don't use hard drives so aren't susceptible to magnets like older floppy and hard disks.

Guitar Tapp Pro, amazing for the money - less than a beer or glass of wine. I have no connection with developers. I had started to program my own app then found the above. Absolute bargain for 'peanuts' money.

It will get tabs, chords etc, present in two formats, allow edits, transpose, autoscroll, metronome, play back the original ( or tab I think), multiple set lists, save songs ion cloud, share with band.... one of the best apps I have seen in a long time, does what I need as a musician.

I am suffering from decreasing eyesight with age, once I found this app I bought a hi res Samsung 10" tablet, problem solved.

As I stated above I have no connections with the developers, is just a great tool for silly money.

Mic stand mount - that is another issue - they seem v expensive for what you get. I bought one and am feeling constant worry about tablet safety. I want a solid holder that fits a cymbal stand.

Edited by 3below