Why become a member? ×

Greg K, what an underrated player

Graham

The sun is shining, so it's come round to that time of year when I dig out my Offpring, Operation Ivy, Less Than Jake and Capdown records. I've had The Offspring on pretty heavy rotation the last couple of days, and it's (finally) hit home how good Greg K is, his tone and feel are great, never does anything flashy - just anchors the songs together and drives it along; also seems to be able to handle anything thrown at him.

His personality, both in playing and live performance always seems quite subdued and shy, which is probably why it's taken years of listening to the band and writing him off as a player for me to finally realise how important to the sound he is.

Long time fan, think he's responsible for long time ATK gas as well, only ones I can ever find lefty are the Paul Grey ones :angry:[size=4] .[/size]

[size=4]Heres a link to their set a Rock Am Ring last weekend:[/size]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHg5teWj-o&list=PLsI_UGt8HTt_YUkHwG2eAAgGpNA5C5anb&index=5"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHg5teWj-o&list=PLsI_UGt8HTt_YUkHwG2eAAgGpNA5C5anb&index=5[/url]

Going to see them at Download this Friday, can't wait! it's been a good few years since I've got to see them live.

Friday I'd watch, Offspring, Flogging Molly, Opeth (who clash with Offspring), Anathema, Rival Sons and that's about it.

I've just remembered Pretty Fly was one of the first songs I worked out by ear, I was so proud when I got it right :)