Why become a member? ×

Anyone know how to do TAB in Sibelius 7 ?

ambient

I have a lot of solo and bass line transcriptions for 6 string bass that I've done using Sibelius 7.

I've done them in standard notation, but I want to add TAB to the charts but I can't work out how to do it.

Anyone know if it's possible ?

:)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1401834568' post='2467442']...Anyone know if it's possible ?...[/quote]

Begging the question as to why one would want to do this, I'd suggest exporting as MIDI, ASCII or MusicXML (assuming Sibelius can do any of these..?), and importing into Guitar Pro 6, which does staves and/or tab, and understands what a 6-string bass is. No, I've never done it (I don't use Sibelius...); hope this helps.

I want to do it for people who don't read notation.

Sibelius does do all that, thanks. I'll have a look at Guitar Pro 6, never used it before.

It's not necessarily 6 string bass.

Thanks.

Edited by ambient

press 'i' and see if there's a 6 string bass TAB in the list that appears. once you've found it press 'add to score'. Once you're back on the score screen triple click the bass notation (this will select everything on that instrument), hold down the 'alt' key on the keyboard and single click the empty TAB staves and the bass part should appear as TAB.

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1401892448' post='2467929']
There is a tab score on my Sibelius 2 so I woudl expect there to be one in yours (under 'instruments')
[/quote]

Found it, thanks !

I didn't think to look in instruments.