Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scottish album of the year award - public vote.

lefrash

[url="http://www.sayaward.com/the-albums/"]http://www.sayaward.com/the-albums/[/url]

I normally hate doin this, but thought it was worthwhile popping this up here as this is quite a big deal for us.. My bands album 'Hector Bizerk - nobody seen nothing' made the SAY long list. this year. This will be cut down from 20 to 10. 9 chosen by judges within the industry, and 1 more space given for public vote. It can only be voted for for two days, so if anyone likes a bit of hip hop, why not vote for us. I think you can stream the album on the site too, if you really wanna listen before throwing us a vote!

We're up against guys like Mogwai, and Biffy clyro so its extremely unlikely we'll win, but just getting into the top ten will be financially rewarding for us, so every little helps.

Thanks in advance!

Fraser

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1401109940' post='2460105']
That's done - I even listened to a few tracks!!!( and enjoyed the fact it actually sounds Scottish)
[/quote]

Scottish Hip Hop? Sounds very interesting indeed!

Edited by Skybone

It's fair to say it's not everyone's cup of tea. Alot of people are in the mindset you need to have an American accent to rap, but theres a thriving hip hop scene in Scotland at the moment, and once you get over the nonamerican accent, theres alot of good words getting spoken.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't listened yet but I'm English so I don't want to upset any Scots by taking part in their regional democratic process. :D

Scottish hip-hop sounds very interesting though, so I am about to listen now. :)

Edit: Didn't realise I was helping to defeat Biffy ****ing Clyro. I will get to it ASAP, I can't bear them.

Later Edit: I see I can't vote any more. Sorry I missed this. To make up for it I've bought your album on Amazon, couldn't see any way to buy a download direct from you. Great stuff. :)

Edited by thisnameistaken