Why become a member? ×

Matrix GT1600FX - 5Kg 1.6KWRMS shallow Stereo Power Amp - £500/Del-Uk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
£600

Dood

I'm selling my superb poweramp. I'd love to keep it but financially, I have to sell stuff before I can get something else I need! Sad times eh!! You're chance to grab a bargain though. A lightweight and very powerful bargain!

These are £732 new and I'd like [s]£600£550[/s] [b]£500/£480 collected[/b] for this one. it has the smallest of few marks on it but has always been racked up. The poor thing only notched up one gig too as I used it as a lightweight spare. PM me!!!

Incidentally, this amplifier is VERY shallow and fits in a shallow rack case with plenty of room to leave speakons connected!!

[b]Can be used in MONO with one output, or even with guitar on one channel and bass on the other. Perfect for slimming down your live rig![/b]

[url="http://uk.matrixamplification.com/gt-1600-fx.html"]http://uk.matrixampl...gt-1600-fx.html[/url]

Designed by Andy Hunt, who is already widely known as one of the leaders in PA amplifier design. His FOH power amplifiers are highly regarded and his foray in to guitar amplification has been met with arms wide open especially from those using FRFR systems. Guitarists and bassists needing gobs of fat tone with real girth have chosen Matrix to power their AxeFx and other modelling systems.

I used mine as a lightweight rack system being ran with a Billy Sheehan preamp and a TC Electronics G Major 2 before switching to an even smaller set up using a Zoom B3 feeding in to the amplifier. (The gain input gain stage on these models have been set to accept a wide range of inputs including preamp pedals as well as full line level rack systems. Neat eh?

[quote]
[b] Details[/b]

[color=#696969][font=Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]The Matrix GT1600FX is a 1.6kw (mono bridged), 800 watts a side stereo power amp designed for guitarists who need tons of power in a lightweight, quiet and cool 2U package. Whether you're a bassist needing a power amp delivering maximum clean, controlled wattage to your speakers or simply a guitarist needing maximum power at higher impedences or even just someone who likes to melt the faces of the first 5 rows of an audience, the GT1600FX gives you unrivalled power and sound quality. Featuring 800 watts per channel at 4 ohms and giving out 1600 watts in bridged mode at 8 ohms and 1000 watts at 16 ohms in bridged, this amp will handle the heavyweight power demands of pretty much anything thrown at it whilst still weighing in at an impressive 5kgs. Standard Neutrik combi 1/4 inch/XLR inputs and combi Speakon/1/4 inch outputs give maximum flexibility in connecting the GT1600FX to the pre-amp or modeller of your choice and a dedicated bridged mode output means no special cables. The dual speed 80mm fans also give maximum airflow whilst staying quiet enough for studio use and cool enough in the most demanding of live situations The GT1600FX like all our amps, still has the ability to handle all impedances 4 ohms and over including mis-matched loads giving you the widest choice when using your favourite cabs and speakers. Running a 2x12 cab with an 8 ohm and 16 ohm speaker in mono or running a 4x10 4 ohm cab on one side and a 1x15 16 ohm cab on the other is no problem for the GT1000FX! The amplifier features extensive protection circuitry ensuring it is protected from loudspeaker short circuits and miswiring as well as indicators for protection, bridged-mode and signal lights showing the output signal strength.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Number of channels: 2 Watts per channel @ 4 ohm 800w RMS Watts per channel @ 8 ohm 480w RMS Watts per channel @ 16 ohm 240w RMS Bridged mode @ 8 ohm 1600w RMS Bridged mode @ 16 ohm 1000w RMS Input sensitivity: 0.775V Frequency Response (+/-3db ref 1kHz) 8hz-24kHz Weight: 5kg [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][url="http://uk.matrixamplification.com/review/product/list/id/7/#review-form"]Be the first to review this product[/url][/size][/font][/color]
[b] [b]Files Attached:[/b][/b][url="http://uk.matrixamplification.com/media/mconnect_uploadfiles/m/a/matrix-gt-2u_1600.pdf"]MATRIX-GT-2U_1600.PDF[/url] [/quote]

Will listen to offers especially if collected asap. I also meant to say that Uk shipping is included in this price (insured and tracked always).

Heh heh - yes, sorry - I must update that! - I'm in Norfolk - and no problem, I guarantee you'll appreciate what the amp is capable of looking at your signature! Andy Hunt knows how to design a power amplifier, I'll give him that! :)

Do ping me a PM and we'll talk some! (Shipping is no problem either, by the way! - because it's only 5Kg!!!)

Still here! I am able to courier and can accept bank transfer, cheque or Paypal (though prefer not to do Paypal) . I've also just discovered a couple of scratches on the top of the amp where it has been taken out of the rack and will therefore adjust the price accordingly.

PM me asap

£550 collected and that I am afraid is low as I can go. Sought after amplifiers designed by Andy Hunt who knows how to build gear for driving bass subs and FOH arrays. Very impressive and this one weights less than 5Kg for 1600W RMS or 800W RMS if you run just a single channel. I've used it no problems with a 200W cab for a few gigs and it's happy doing quiet stuff too!

Would like to shift this one on asap. Masses of power in a light weight package. Great for ERBers or just those struggling to keep up with noisy guitarists. Matrix is the go to amp for a lot of AxeFX users owing to it's warm 'valve-like' character, so they say!

Barefaced and ACME gear users will no doubt approve of the power available from this beast of an amp. Like the Barefaced and other lightweight cabinets, this amp won't break your back either.

Last chance before eBay! (Will have to factor in auction charges so the price will be higher there)

Staggered to see this still for sale! I'd like to get this one sold as soon as. It's all wrapped up getting no use now so would like it to go to a good home!

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump for a superb amplifier - it fits in to a very shallow rack case as it is only 21cm - which is about the same depth as a 'lightweight head' and only ways 5Kg! £550 shipped in the Uk ono (within reason)

[color=#696969][font=Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/size][/font][/color] Number of channels: 2 Watts per channel @ 4 ohm 800w RMS Watts per channel @ 8 ohm 480w RMS Watts per channel @ 16 ohm 240w RMS Bridged mode @ 8 ohm 1600w RMS Bridged mode @ 16 ohm 1000w RMS Input sensitivity: 0.775V Frequency Response (+/-3db ref 1kHz) 8hz-24kHz Weight: 5kg
http://uk.matrixamplification.com/media/mconnect_uploadfiles/m/a/matrix-gt-2u_1600.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the top - will do deals this week as I'd like to sell ASAP.

Super shallow, super lightweight, super powerful designed and built in the UK.

THIS WEEKEND ONLY £500 collected or shipping included for free. The price WILL go back up to £550 as of Monday!

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy isn't it? The whole marketplace *is* really slow at the moment though. Seems there's tons of really good gear not being bought. I suspect it's because of funds being diverted to the 'going on summer holiday kitty' instead.

I'm considering effects and stuff at the moment, as well as possibly needing a laptop so ideally would like to see this lil chap on it's merry way!