Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Jazz AV 1962 Reissue FINAL PRICE DROP - £850
£950

joemarty

Still thinking about it. Guess I may need to get a move on!

Not owned a Jazz before. I tried a new USA Standard on Saturday in a shop which was quite nice although still too bright for me and the action was too high. How does this compare in your opinion?

Please don't pull the ad for a couple of days at least. Thanks.

[quote name='joemarty' timestamp='1401805127' post='2467039']
Hi, I'm afraid I've already had interest from a fellow bc'er from Czech Republic and as I explained to him I'm not too keen sending the bass to Europe. I've heard horror stories of things going missing or taking months to get delivered I really don't want to take the risk with such an expensive and beautiful bass. I'm really sorry.
[/quote]

Stories are like farytales....
All have one to say:)

A good package and a hardcase and all its ok.
I traded-sold-bought from Basschaters (and some basses costs a lot more than fender) ,up from 10 basses and no issue and i live in Greece so dont worry......Make someone happy:)
Cheers
Steve

[quote name='david1711' timestamp='1402348397' post='2472579']

Not owned a Jazz before. I tried a new USA Standard on Saturday in a shop which was quite nice although still too bright for me and the action was too high. How does this compare in your opinion?

[/quote]

Shops often do not set up new basses that are for sale. Even very expensive ones. Certainly costs them quite a bit in lost business in my personal experience.
Bright? Could be new strings, amp, lots of things. Flats, older strings, foam dampeners will soon put a stop to that.
Action, well, MOST used basses come quite well set up. Even if they don't, the technical section of Basschat is your friend. Even I learned how to set basses up from here, and I'm 1400 years old. Well, I feel it this morning :D
Bump.

[quote name='Bassmachine' timestamp='1402384154' post='2472742']

Stories are like farytales....
All have one to say:)

A good package and a hardcase and all its ok.
I traded-sold-bought from Basschaters (and some basses costs a lot more than fender) ,up from 10 basses and no issue and i live in Greece so dont worry......Make someone happy:)
Cheers
Steve
[/quote]

Thanks Steve! I guess I'm overly cautious really. That's encouraging to hear someone with positive things to say about sending basses abroad. Maybe I should look into it again :-) thank you!

[quote name='david1711' timestamp='1402348397' post='2472579']

[/quote]

I won't pull it for a few days mate, I'd love the bass to get used not left in its case.

Agree with Karl with regard to shop basses and also every bass you'll try will feel different. I use an american standard as my everyday go to bass and it's a different feel to this american vintage... The AV really does look and feel and sound like a vintage bass. I find it's eq more versatile than the standard but I'm sure others might disagree. It's all a matter of taste!

I would love this bass but as I don't have the cash I could only offer a trade. I already have the AV 62 Precision reissue from the same period and know that they are fantastic basses. Someone should hopefully snap this up as it is a great bass at a great price.

• 4 weeks later...