Why become a member? ×

Vigier

thedontcarebear

i just emailed the spanish seler askin if he'd ship

the reply:

Hello good days.

If we do we realize sending to the United Kingdom. In case of this article serian 70 ? of freightages. And two days in coming to him to your house.

Thank you very much and a greeting

i love online translators! :)

Sounds like it will cost 70 Euros and take a couple of days - very reasonable. Why not post the Spanish here, chances are someone will speak it.

Cheers
ped

P.s listening to 'Stolen Babies' and it sounds pretty cool. Bass sound is definitely Vigier type I would say - difficult to say because he is using a fairly driven sound but the clarity and punch from the Vigier shines through I think. Welcome to come and try mine!

he didnt email me in spanish, he used a translator to translate to english and then send it me!

im very tempted to borrow money off my gf and buy this, so i can compare it to my stingray and sell the loser on

Thanks! It is my #1 without a doubt, and now with the Vbass pickup installed it can dispense with the need for a Jaz or a Musicman and lots of other things which simply don't feel anything like as comfy as this to me (not to disrespect these greats in any way of course, just what's comfortable and what I'm used to)

It has a graphite thru-neck, it runs to the front of the first pickup. I think the mixture of the graphite neck and the soft body wood (think it is alder, bit unsure) is quite magical... the mix is just right it seems. I firmly believe that the body/neck type play a large part in the sound. It is very clear and bassy without being wooly or boomy and has a lovely flat top end which is really even and consistent. Those strings are about a year old, too!!

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='246705' date='Jul 24 2008, 10:59 AM']I dunno, to be honest without playing it first I would be careful... also do you know what model it is, what the serial # is etc?

ped[/quote]
iv asked him questions about that stuff, see what he says (or tries to say!)

On second look it is definitely a series 3 bass (10/90 neck, those two lines are 70% carbon (unusually dense) rods making up 10% of the neck) and it looks to be in standard config and pretty good shape. It says it comes with a case... see if it is one of the rare and classy zip up soft/light cases. It took me ages to find a second one for my fretted!

thats cool

as i said im just tempted to buy it so i can cure a bit of GAS and see which i prefer out of it and the stingray. if i decide sell it on the forum il sell it for the same price i bought it.

hmmm

• 2 weeks later...