Why become a member? ×

New Amp Set

govons

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]Hi everybody, I am looking around because I am thinking to change my rig.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]Nowadays I am playing with [color=#545454][b]Maruszczyk[/b][/color][color=#545454][b]Barabass[/b][/color][color=#545454] [b]Combo [/b][/color][color=#545454]plus additional cabinet, see the picture.[/color]
[color=#545454]Of course I like it and it sounds really nice but you know.... I'd like to change and try other, maybe it is usual g.a.s. [/color]syndrome[color=#545454].[/color]

[color=#545454]BTW my attention is toward other brands as: Euphonic Audio (cabinet), Glockenklang (cabinet & head blue soul top), ACME cabinet, Phil Jones. Is there somebody that can give to me some suggestion in order to direct my choiche. [/color][color=#545454]I basically play electric bass as well as double bass.[/color]

[color=#545454]cheers[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by govons

What do you feel you are missing with your current rig? What sort of material are you doing. Particularly with upright, an amp rig that will see you take over as psychobilly king may not be appropriate if you are in a small jazz trio :-)

Paul.

I have different different situations.
With double bass in a jazz quartett (gtr, drm, trb, db) mostly with old SWR baby blue, then in soul/jazz band with electric bass.

Actually I am happy about my current rig, but as I said it is more related to desire of new set. Not 100% sure to change just to recover opinion from other.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1399385674' post='2443697']
That's a very nice wee rig. Maybe have a look at MarkBass. I've been very pleased with my rig.
[/quote]

If you do try MarkBass you'll at least know you're doing your bit for the Italian economy! :D

Before I got my Markbass gear I tried an EA combo, which was nice, but rather heavy.
I tried a PJB Suitcase, which sounded nice at low volume, but groaned & let out a fart when I turned it up.
I've never tried the other brands you mention though.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1399406944' post='2443996']
Before I got my Markbass gear I tried an EA combo, which was nice, but rather heavy.
I tried a PJB Suitcase, which sounded nice at low volume, but groaned & let out a fart when I turned it up.
I've never tried the other brands you mention though.
[/quote]

EA with 12 or 10 speaker?
Even Glock attracts me a lot.

I played a Glock rig... Soul head with Quattro 410 and Uno 115
and it was a nice solid rig with a clean sound. A bit like a throwback
to Boogie cabs which were good, but not truly outstanding. Heavy cabs
altho I didn't have to move them far.

I recall thinking this was a more than nice rig but it didn't make me think
I had to have one.
But, it is kit that you should look into a bit more as I think the inherrent quality
is there, Whether it is going to be your thing, I couldn't say.

[quote name='govons' timestamp='1399449517' post='2444262']
EA with 12 or 10 speaker?
Even Glock attracts me a lot.
[/quote]
IIRC it was a 10. I've never tried a Glockenklang, but the name itself has always made me want to have a go on one.

Rocovering some quotation around: Glockenklang complete set with Blue Sky Top / 2x Space deluxe cabinet and cover more or less € 3000 (€2850@thomann) .....wow future for my bank account is not pink if I move there.