Why become a member? ×

Looking for self build 1X15 cab

delboy

[quote name='cheddatom' post='246015' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:38 PM']A 15" wet halibut has an excellent off-axis slapping response, but once you go further than 45 degrees the impact tends to lessen to a kind of scaley stroke.[/quote]

I’m an old school slapper myself, but I know many modern slappers who find the scaley stroke quite unacceptable. If the 45-degree off-axis slapping response of your 15-inch halibut is a problem, might I suggest using four 10-inch halibuts instead? I would, however, strongly advise against using a 15-inch halibut at the same time as four smaller ones, because the results can be unpredictable.

I think the original poster can easily make their mind up. Two speakers with fairly similar response but one costs half as much and weighs less than half as much.

What is bugging me is how Stevie is being so bullish and completely ignoring that simple issue. We live in a world where money is always a factor. And I'm wondering where this information comes from:

[quote name='stevie' post='245884' date='Jul 23 2008, 10:19 AM']As neither of the Eminences have particularly well behaved cones (to put it mildly)...[/quote]

I don't give a damn about points scoring but I do get pretty throughly riled when I have to suffer old farts acting like close-minded fools - that's why I generally avoid music shops...

Alex

[quote name='Machines' post='246052' date='Jul 23 2008, 01:21 PM']Chill out man ! Winding people up is what some people choose to do, and you reacting to it is taking the bait.[/quote]

Those people that enjoy winding other people up should grow-up and consider being a more positive contributor. If you wouldn't act like it face to face with someone you barely know then why would you act like this online. Children.

Alex

[quote name='Machines' post='246103' date='Jul 23 2008, 02:03 PM']Welcome to the internet :).[/quote]

:huh: I've been on bass forums and email groups etc since 1997 and unfortunately this man keeps reappearing under numerous usernames:

I'm glad we don't suffer this kind of behaviour at the Bass Bashes or they'd be some pretty nasty fights.

Alex

[quote name='Machines' post='246052' date='Jul 23 2008, 01:21 PM']Chill out man ! Winding people up is what some people choose to do, and you reacting to it is taking the bait.[/quote]

I can say, hand on heart, that I never had any intention of winding Alex up.