Why become a member? ×

Acme B1, 8 ohm, 31 lbs of 3 way loveliness. Sold.
£230

funkle

The clear out continues. I've stepped up to bigger cabs for louder volume for the gigs I'm doing, so time to move this one on.

I've had this cab 5 years now and it has served me well for rehearsals and jazz gigs at low to moderate volume settings. The lowest tuning of any commercial bass cabinet I know of, a real beauty of a cab for 5 string players (and I heard a difference on a 4). Compact and easy to transport. If you're reading this, you'll likely know the sort of cab it is - 3 way, beautifully even, and able to reproduce the low B fundamental.

It works perfectly and has the pole mount option, an additional cost/extra.

More details can be found at [url="http://www.acmebass.com/#/home"]http://www.acmebass.com/#/home[/url], if needed - I've reproduced the specs below:

Specs:[list]
[*]Frequency response: +/-3 dB 41Hz to 22 kHz, -6 dB at 31 Hz
[*]Power Handling: 175 Watts RMS continuous, 150 Watts sine wave @ 30.87 Hz
[*]Sensitivity: 90 dB 1W/1M
[*]Impedance: 8 ohms
[*]Dimensions: 15.75"H x 15.75"W x 13.5"D
[*]Weight: 31 lbs
[/list]
Beats the pants off a GK MB150 or similarly sized box for low end extension and evenness. I don't know of any similarly small sized box which does what this one does. I've used it with the Tecamp Puma 500 and Streamliner 900 (carefully) with excellent results.

A new one of these after shipping and import duties etc. would be in the region of £400. I'll be happy to let this one go to a new owner for[b] [s]£230 + shipping[/s][/b].[s] [b]£200 + shipping.[/b][/s] [b]£200 shipped in the UK. SOLD.[/b] Can ship anywhere, but get in touch with me to let me get quotes sorted.

Pete

Edited by funkle

Me either...it's been the 'gold standard' along with my previous Acme B2 for years. But, I'm trying to get more cash for studio type stuff, and the CN112 (though nowhere near as deep or even) is only a little bigger in each dimension and the same weight...and can get a bit louder when needed. The Berg stuff is very much 'bass guitar cabinet voicing', the Acme stuff is as you know more PA-ish in clarity. I'm sacrificing the low end to get a little more volume...

Hi there...I'm using an AI Clarus for 'kitchen' rehearsals along with an EA Wizzy 110 but this cab intrigues me as it's fives I use... would you be interested in any sort of trade for studio gear? If so what type of things are you after?

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1398811625' post='2437972']
Hi there...I'm using an AI Clarus for 'kitchen' rehearsals along with an EA Wizzy 110 but this cab intrigues me as it's fives I use... would you be interested in any sort of trade for studio gear? If so what type of things are you after?
[/quote]

PM'd

Thanks for the interest all. I am finalising a sale as we speak...just awaiting payment. Once it comes through, this bad boy is gone. I'll post and close the thread once payment finalised.