Why become a member? ×

Adding a cab to a 15"

isteen

Helle there my fellow bassheads.
It's a wonderfull weekend in sunny Denmark, feels almost like summer.

I have a 15" Gallien Krueger cab, and are thinking about adding a EBS cab, either a 12" or a 10".
What are your thoughts, and is there a difference in the sound I would get from adding the 10" instead of a 12"?

Thanks, and enjoy the weather while it's good - well, I just hope it's good no matter where you are ;-)

Edited by isteen

not tried the brands you have, but alot of people will say thats it is wrong to add a different speaker size and the sound waves will be all wrong and that you might damage the 12/10 speaker, imo use your ears i used to have a hartke setup that i had a 115 and 112 cabs worked really well sounded very nice, the 12 added a certain bite to the sound not alot of increase in volume.

andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

If you like the sound of your GK 15", then add another GK 15".
Adding an EBS cab is like putting sugar in your coffee, you might like it, you might not, but it's gonna sound different.
Mixing driver sizes is the same, but can also be unpredictable from venue to venue.
If you're not happy with the GK sound, try some cabs out until you find the one that you do like & then sell the GK.