Why become a member? ×

Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta - where in the UK???

mcnach

Is the Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta available anywhere in the UK?
It's been available in the US since November, and Thomann has had it for a while now... but I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that has it.

I could buy it from Thomann, but it comes with a mainland Europe type plug, not UK, so I'd rather get the UK version.

Anywhere?

Bass Direct told me they'd have it after NAMM, and it's been a while.

No, not at effectpowersupplies either at present. Spoke to them ages ago and there was something going on with distributors in the uk, however on the 5th April contacted them again, they were expecting to have them in in 3 weeks. So in theory anytime now. Had a look today and still not on website.

Pretty tempted with Thomann! Good price. £126 plus shipping not to bothered about plug as it's going on a daisy chain.

Edited by tonyclaret

If it's anything like the OFD then it should play nice on a daisy chain. No additional noise added as a result, unlike some other digital pedals I have tried from EHX, Zoom and Sonuus. If you're not bothered about the plug, £95 shipped from Prymaxe!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1398407941' post='2433730']
If it's anything like the OFD then it should play nice on a daisy chain. No additional noise added as a result, unlike some other digital pedals I have tried from EHX, Zoom and Sonuus. If you're not bothered about the plug, £95 shipped from Prymaxe!
[/quote]

Yes, think I bought OFD off you? Still haven't had chance to spend much time with this. £95 plus shipping and duty may work out slightly more. Always cautious of US purchases and duty etc.

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1398399703' post='2433691']
No, not at effectpowersupplies either at present. Spoke to them ages ago and there was something going on with distributors in the uk, however on the 5th April contacted them again, they were expecting to have them in in 3 weeks. So in theory anytime now. Had a look today and still not on website.

Pretty tempted with Thomann! Good price. £126 plus shipping not to bothered about plug as it's going on a daisy chain.
[/quote]

I'm not too bothered about the plug itself as, like you, I use a dedicated multi power supply. But I still have uses for those power supplies sometimes (currently I need one at work, and this one suits me specs-wise) and I already have a bunch of them with the euro plug that I never use and I'm unlikely to find anyone who needs them either. I'd rather give someone the power supply than throwing it away of keeping it in a box never to be used...

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1398415879' post='2433807']
£95 plus shipping and duty may work out slightly more. Always cautious of US purchases and duty etc.
[/quote]

£95 is including shipping, their 15% discount, and import charges of £0. ;)

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1398439783' post='2434161']

£95 is including shipping, their 15% discount, and import charges of £0. ;)
[/quote]

It says US shipping free, can't see anything else stating otherwise for uk.

http://www.prymaxevintage.com/source-audio-soundblox-2-manta-bass-filter/

There's a banner at the top of the page with a discount code PRYMAXE15. If it doesn't work, use the built in chat to ask them and they will sort you out with one that does.

They did 21% off on St Paddy's day and 30% off over Easter weekend!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1398605752' post='2435648']
There's a banner at the top of the page with a discount code PRYMAXE15. If it doesn't work, use the built in chat to ask them and they will sort you out with one that does.
[/quote]

Are you saying there's always a 15% discount available and you just have to ask ? There's no banner right now, that's why I'm asking.

Just checked the full site as the mobile version never had the banner, and it's not there but the code is still shown on the main rotating banner ad. If it doesn't work just ask via the chat and they will sort you out! I'm waiting for their next 30% offer like they had over Easter before I order anything else from them, perhaps they'll do a special on 4th July...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1406962905' post='2516195']
It's been a while since I last checked this thread.

Just wondered if anyone had any hands on experience with it now, thoughts etc.

I'm going to pull the trigger very soon!
[/quote]

I've got one along with the hot hand. I must say, i still find the hot hand pretty unuseable. Its probably me rather than the actual unit, but I'm not getting on with it.

The manta though is an oustanding pedal. I've had it a couple of weeks and gigged it 7 times. I use it for phaser and as a sort of glitchy synthy fuzz. Both sound amazing and are fully tweakable. It obviously does the filter sounds extremely well too, I just dont really have the need for them. One thing I do find it really hard to make minor adjustments. If I select my fuzz effect for example, but I then feel I need to blend abit more of the dry signal in, I press the option button until it gets to mix, but then I dont know where the mix blend is at the moment, so I need to basically start the mix blend from scratch. Easy enough if you have time and the space to play about with it, but not so easy mid gig.

I've not explained that last point very well, but hopefully you understand. This may very well be the reason I'l be moving it on at some point. Soundwise brilliant though.

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1406968534' post='2516261']
One thing I do find it really hard to make minor adjustments. If I select my fuzz effect for example, but I then feel I need to blend abit more of the dry signal in, I press the option button until it gets to mix, but then I dont know where the mix blend is at the moment, so I need to basically start the mix blend from scratch. Easy enough if you have time and the space to play about with it, but not so easy mid gig.

I've not explained that last point very well, but hopefully you understand. This may very well be the reason I'l be moving it on at some point. Soundwise brilliant though.
[/quote]

You don't need to sell it for that reason ... the answer is in the manual:

[quote]
[b]Discovering Preset Knob Positions[/b]
Since the MANTA preset values can differ from the physical knob positions, it may be useful to determine the positions of the preset knob values. To start the process, put the pedal in bypass mode and set all the knobs to their full counter-clockwise positions. Next, enable the preset, and slowly turn each knob up one at a time, until the preset indicator LED begins to blink rapidly. This rapid blinking indicates that the current position of the knob matches the saved value.
[/quote]

It does sound a bit like it, compared to how sansamp do it (just twist the knob, watch the blinking lights). Given how often they (Source Audio) do firmware updates for some products I wonder if they'll improve that soon ? Might be worth hanging out [url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/source-audio-sorcerers-society-s-a-s-s-part-3.1056621/page-51"]HERE[/url] and asking questions, the source audio guys (including the owner) are always there.