Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette $$

Matt_UK

Hi Matt, here's a link to a US shop that's got a few of the $$ in different colour oils to give you an idea.

[url="http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=WABA&keywords=all"]http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerc...mp;keywords=all[/url]

[quote name='tempo' post='240125' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:26 PM']Hi Matt, here's a link to a US shop that's got a few of the $$ in different colour oils to give you an idea.

[url="http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=WABA&keywords=all"]http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerc...mp;keywords=all[/url][/quote]

I've got my $$ 5'er coming hopefully later in the week that I bought from Jake Ten Floors one of our fellow BC'ers, which is Nirvana Black. But I do like the Red and for some strange reason the green looks pretty sweet too, but I do like loud colours :)

[quote name='Wooks' post='240168' date='Jul 15 2008, 04:14 PM']But I do like the Red and for some strange reason the green looks pretty sweet too, but I do like loud colours :)[/quote]

I didnt think I liked any of the colours...but that turquoise blue is unusual...and strangely alluring...

Would love to see some in Amber as thats the only colour I havent seen and possibly one of the only I would consider, other than the natural (and maybe turquoise...) :huh:

Thanks for the replies so far guys, really appreciated to have such wicked advice and help :huh:

[quote name='Jesus' post='240086' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:42 PM']Are the Corvette Standard and $$ as heavy, and uncomfortable as what a lot of people say? With a nice wide comfy strap i find it hard to believe any bass can get "heavy" over your average gig set.[/quote]
Yes!Bloody heavy,the nut cut my left hand,but the sound is amazing.
Still sold my $$ though,to pay the physio for helping me get over Warwick induced back strain!

[quote name='lee4' post='240357' date='Jul 15 2008, 08:26 PM']Yes!Bloody heavy,the nut cut my left hand,but the sound is amazing.[/quote]

Which kind of nut did you have on that one Lee? The JAN II? Ive heard they had these annoying plasticky bits that cut people to pieces! Glad they dont do those anymore...

I didnt think the $$ was that heavy...maybe I was just wearing my rose tinted glasses when I tried it and was overcome with GAS...

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='240639' date='Jul 16 2008, 09:44 AM']I didnt think the $$ was that heavy...maybe I was just wearing my rose tinted glasses when I tried it and was overcome with GAS...[/quote]

I don't think they are! As mentioned above, mine is lighter than my alder bodied Jazz.

I got a Streamer $$ in turquoise (got it high polished though, I'm not one for the whole waxing thing...they've done a great job on the polish, it's rock solid).

Pictures really don't do the colour justice (it comes out too light in photos), but it's a beautiful sea green in "person":

EDIT: just remembered, more pics on [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1592&modell=Streamer&page=3&cl=EN"]Warwick (linky) :)[/url]

[quote]Still sold my $$ though,to pay the physio for helping me get over Warwick induced back strain![/quote]

It's definitely a breeze block compared to my Rapture :huh: but I'm getting used to it. I might get a heavy duty strap to help out though.

Edited by Muse_Cubed

Wow, that streamer is beautiful :huh:!

That finish makes it look incredible! Mmmmmm!

I dont think I could afford high polish though, so I doubt a normal oil finish would look anywhere near as good as that :). Correct me if I'm wrong though!

I want more money :huh: *sniff* Damn this GAS...

[quote name='Muse_Cubed' post='241211' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:06 PM']I got a Streamer $$ in turquoise (got it high polished though, I'm not one for the whole waxing thing...they've done a great job on the polish, it's rock solid).

Pictures really don't do the colour justice (it comes out too light in photos), but it's a beautiful sea green in "person":

EDIT: just remembered, more pics on [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1592&modell=Streamer&page=3&cl=EN"]Warwick (linky) :)[/url]

It's definitely a breeze block compared to my Rapture :huh: but I'm getting used to it. I might get a heavy duty strap to help out though.[/quote]
its a bass with gold hardware that i like :huh: :huh:

thats really gorgeous, how much that set you back bud?

[quote name='joe_bass' post='242436' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:06 AM']Where are you thinking of getting it from mate?[/quote]

If you're asking me, I would hopefully be getting it from Absolute Music, down here in Dorset. They were selling it for £699, but the price has jumped crazily to £849 for some reason...

They said they would price match and I've seen it for cheaper than £699, even though the guy I spoke to said he would report the cheaper seller to Warwick as they can't sell it cheaper than £699 or something...weird...

But I'll give it a go and see what I can do :)

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='242502' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:01 AM']They said they would price match and I've seen it for cheaper than £699, even though the guy I spoke to said he would report the cheaper seller to Warwick as they can't sell it cheaper than £699 or something...weird...[/quote]

Yeah I’ve heard that with a few manufactures – HotRox in Nottingham were having some issues with ZVex about selling the pedals a bit too cheaply, seems ridiculous though and almost like a false economy for keeping the prices ‘artificially’ high. I can understand it though, oh well.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='242513' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:09 AM']Yeah I’ve heard that with a few manufactures – HotRox in Nottingham were having some issues with ZVex about selling the pedals a bit too cheaply, seems ridiculous though and almost like a false economy for keeping the prices ‘artificially’ high. I can understand it though, oh well.[/quote]

It all sounds a bit strange to me...the cheaper company is well established (for at least 20ish years) and are selling it for a shedload cheaper...the guy at absolute is going to have a heart attack when I show him...no doubt he'll go into a tirade about "well is it in stock there!?...lots of companies promise prices but if theyre not in stock yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc..." Either way, will be great to see the look on his face...:)

I remember when I got a Corvette $$ when they first came out, in Nirvana black, for something like £550 (from Dolphin), sent it back eventually as it had a ding, they were going to replace it, but I changed my mind, crazy how much it has all gone up, but I didn't get my F1 head long about and they are about £200 more everywhere now.

Edited by thedontcarebear

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='242502' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:01 AM']If you're asking me, I would hopefully be getting it from Absolute Music, down here in Dorset. They were selling it for £699, but the price has jumped crazily to £849 for some reason...

They said they would price match and I've seen it for cheaper than £699, even though the guy I spoke to said he would report the cheaper seller to Warwick as they can't sell it cheaper than £699 or something...weird...

But I'll give it a go and see what I can do :)[/quote]

Absolute Music are one of the main distributors in the South if not the UK I think!????! So I suppose they are just protecting the brand and their sales figures too.
But this seems to be the case with a lot of companies that are getting pretty ticked off with shops, (especially onine retailers), flogging their products on the cheap. I heard that Stagg were a bit miffed with online retailers selling the EDB on the cheap!
Are they going to honour the £699 though?

[quote name='Wooks' post='242547' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:33 AM']Absolute Music are one of the main distributors in the South if not the UK I think!????! So I suppose they are just protecting the brand and their sales figures too.
But this seems to be the case with a lot of companies that are getting pretty ticked off with shops, (especially onine retailers), flogging their products on the cheap. I heard that Stagg were a bit miffed with online retailers selling the EDB on the cheap!
Are they going to honour the £699 though?[/quote]

It’s about being competitive in the market though, and if you’re able to run your company in such a way that you have hardly any overheads then you can obviously squeeze your profit margins to be very competitive in the market. Other companies who can’t do that have don’t really have much to be pissed off about it, they should take a closer look at the way they are running their own business rather than blaming other companies for the reason that they can’t compete in the market.
Manufactures like to keep the price at a certain level so it gives the consumer a perceived value of that product and doesn’t cheapen it, if you get what I’m saying. The manufacture pretty much makes the same money from selling the products to the distributers/shops anyway.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='242557' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:39 AM']It’s about being competitive in the market though, and if you’re able to run your company in such a way that you have hardly any overheads then you can obviously squeeze your profit margins to be very competitive in the market. Other companies who can’t do that have don’t really have much to be pissed off about it, they should take a closer look at the way they are running their own business rather than blaming other companies for the reason that they can’t compete in the market.
Manufactures like to keep the price at a certain level so it gives the consumer a perceived value of that product and doesn’t cheapen it, if you get what I’m saying. The manufacture pretty much makes the same money from selling the products to the distributers/shops anyway.[/quote]

Yeah you're right Ben. Its not that their not "allowed" to sell it cheaper, but that it would make the product seem "cheaper" and possibly cheapen the name/reputation of the company.

The cheapest price was at the Bass Centre, a really well known and long established company. They had it for £629. Which is soooo cheap compared to the £699 (and now £845) of absolute. I dont know what absolute are trying to pull, I'll just go in there and see what they say. Although they have a shop, they have a huge warehouse and primarily trade online. As a result, they said they match online prices...

I'll see how it goes (hopefully tomorrow!) :)

Matt

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='242579' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:00 PM']Yeah you're right Ben. Its not that their not "allowed" to sell it cheaper, but that it would make the product seem "cheaper" and possibly cheapen the name/reputation of the company.

The cheapest price was at the Bass Centre, a really well known and long established company. They had it for £629. Which is soooo cheap compared to the £699 (and now £845) of absolute. I dont know what absolute are trying to pull, I'll just go in there and see what they say. Although they have a shop, they have a huge warehouse and primarily trade online. As a result, they said they match online prices...

I'll see how it goes (hopefully tomorrow!) :)

Matt[/quote]
If they try to make you pay the £845, point out to them that you'll pay them £699 cos they've got them on their EBay site for £699!!