Why become a member? ×

SWR bass 350

tkbmx

Just got one for £100 and can't believe how good it sounds (and so easily). Best £100 I ever spent and I've only had 5 min on it.
This may seem a pointless post to some but if your considering one of these they are great. :D

If it is an old SWR model, ...before the company sell-out, then you should have a nicely specc'd
piece of kit.
I still run a early 90's SM400 and is a great amp paired with jazz..which I suspect was the design model.
I don't even use the 4 band semi P, but then it is my practice amp, 99.9% of the time.

I liked the Red Head I use to get to use and I believe that amp was used in that combo.

Old SWR was the player at the time and things move on, ( plus SWR got swallowed by Fender )
but good stuff is still good stuff.

And like I say, not sure there is still much better than SWR and a good Jazz sound

It's one of the chrome ones from around 1999/2000, through a rough as hell 4x10 (4ohm), with a precision. Had a good mess with it last night. At loud volume a 15" speaker would be good I think but most times I'd use it outside of practice there is usually be a cab to share anyway. Not the best at very low volume but that's not what it's made for and I have my "little bastard" to cover that. I think I'll be chuffed for a while. :P

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1396529191' post='2414678']
I still run a early 90's SM400 and is a great amp paired with jazz..which I suspect was the design model.
I don't even use the 4 band semi P, but then it is my practice amp, 99.9% of the time.

And like I say, not sure there is still much better than SWR and a good Jazz sound
[/quote]

Likewise - My EQ is redundant. Jazz bass and SWR amp. Like Gin and Tonic or Jeeves and Wooster… Nice on their own, but together they'ew MUCH greater than the sum of the parts. :)

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1396628496' post='2415873']
You scored a Bass 350 for a ton?? Oh you spawny git. That's a fabulous bargain.
[/quote]
Surprisingly, I've seen a few of em up on here going for a song...!

I suppose they are a bit out of fashion as you can't lift them with your little finger, but a real bargain...