Why become a member? ×

hughes & kettner bass cabinets

badboy1984

I had the 2x15. Easily the heaviest cab I've owned. Makes a Peavey 410TVX feel like a Barefaced cab

Also feels like it would survive a nuclear blast :lol:

Edited by MoJo

Take it is a big no no for me then. I'm still thinking shall I buy a light ish powerful cab or add another BC212. The guy wanted to trade 1 of the cab for my BC212. That 2x15 is attractive but if the weight is impossible to move on my own (5ft 8 skinny) then is a big no i take it. Consider all the gear is upstair .......

Edited by badboy1984

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1396433078' post='2413425']
Take it is a big no no for me then. I'm still thinking shall I buy a light ish powerful cab or add another BC212. [b]The guy [/b]wanted to trade 1 of the cab for my BC212. That 2x15 is attractive but if the weight is impossible to move on my own (5ft 8 skinny) then is a big no i take it. Consider all the gear is upstair .......
[/quote] the guy is on here and called Burg ;)

Is nice to know is a fellow BC member. No deal had been made or promise at this stage. We both trying to figure out whether we want to deal or not. I certainly more concern about the weight and no doubt i think is a fantastic cab.

If I can't lift the thing on my own going up and down the stair then i can see the cab will not get use or possibly trade for something else in the future.

Hi Badboy,

Yep, this is mine.

To be honest, I think you'll find that both of these are too heavy for you.

I'm 5'11", 14 stone, and can just about get it off the floor. I've only taken it out of our jam room twice for gigs and it was manageable between me and our drummer but he wasn't happy. The 4x10 is also pretty heavy, I can lift and carry this short distances by myself but not up/down stairs.

Absolutely bomb proof though and they do sound fantastic. But I would guess that they weigh quite a bit more than what your TC BC212 weighs and if that's important to you then you'll find these don't meet your requirements.

Cheers

Hi Badboy,

No not really. For me the size isn't an issue. The entire rig is essentially in storage in my band's jam room and we don't gig often so transport and space etc aren't a problem for me. I just fancy a change as I've had this for about 6-7 years now and it's pretty much the only amp I've ever used. I'd like to get a nice power amp and then trial lots of different preamps and cabs and get more experience of trying different setups. I'd need to sell this on to be able to raise the funds to do that though.

Thats all cool man. Weight and storage is definite an issue for me. If is too heavy I won't be able to move it out the house by my own and I can't have something that is too big like a fridge because my wife won't be too happy about it ......... altho we moving to a new bigger house soon but my wife already set the ground rule about my gears ........