Why become a member? ×

Gibson SG Reissue bass * SOLD *

Clarky

In an an effort to rationalise my collection of basses I am selling my SG Reissue bass.

Its in good but not mint nick - has a 1cm ding on rear (not through to wood and obviously not visible from front on), a few minor surface scratches (in the lacquer, again not to wood) and one loose control knob (which I'm sure could be fixed very easily but I haven't been @rsed). I have added a Hipshot bridge (c.£60, had to be imported from US) which improves sustain but have the original still (a five minute job to re-install) and comes with plush Gibson hard case. Looks very cool and my mention of the imperfections above probably makes it sound less good than the reality. In terms of sound, you probably already know that its a very boomy full sound, not hi-fi and certainly not for slapping! Strung with new Rotosound short-scale flats but I also have the Gibson supplied roundwounds too. New cost is c.£850 so would consider offer of £450 (plus post) or £420 w/o Hipshot bridge.

Rubbish photo taken with flash at night: [attachment=10748:clarky_basss.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='243081' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:09 PM']Lovely bass - and a bargain! $2079 list US, £900 at Peter Cooks. Tried one - Not at all muddy, plenty of sproing. If I wasn't direly in need of a giggably loud rig, I'd be after it like a shot.

Have a bump, Sir, and good luck[/quote]
Thanks for bump - would be prepared to put original 3-post Gibson bridge back on and sell for £420 plus postage - and I would then sell Hipshot bridge ($120 in US; rough £60-odd) separately for £40 ono

[quote name='Clarky' post='243090' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:23 PM']Thanks for bump - would be prepared to put original 3-post Gibson bridge back on and sell for £420 plus postage - and I would then sell Hipshot bridge ($120 in US; rough £60-odd) separately for £40 ono[/quote]
Hi Clarky

If you do split, I will buy the Hipshot bridge from you.

PM sent

Regards

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='243201' date='Jul 19 2008, 08:20 AM']Hi Clarky

If you do split, I will buy the Hipshot bridge from you.

PM sent

Regards

Will.[/quote]
Thanks for offer but I will only split if I get an offer for the bass first. Not looking to just sell the HipShot!