Why become a member? ×

Making a logo for my cab, 3D print maybe?

Clarky72

Does anyone know if there's a service in the UK where you can supply a design of a logo and they can make a plastic or similar logo for you?

As an example, someone who could make me a logo just like the white Marshall emblem on their cabs (but obviously not the Marshall logo)

I want to change up a cab of mine...

Cheers

Yes I do, I'll just find the details... Imagin Badges. I've used them quite a few times.
You just upload your artwork to their site and they do the rest.
[url="http://imagin-badges.co.uk/"]http://imagin-badges.co.uk/[/url]

I had a new Schroeder badge made when the original got a bit bent...

Edited by discreet

3D printed parts have a rough textured surface look to them, you have a bunch of hand working to do to smooth them off. If you want bevelled edge like the Marshall logo, rather than square edged, you need CNC mill rather than laser cut. Usually anything to be 3D printed or laser cut comes with a min order of £80-£100. Do you have an image of what you have in mind? I've got 3 axis CNC milling but I don't have very good CAD to CNC file software, as I don't need it for 99% of my stuff I make. I just program by hand which is fine unless you have splines, in which case it takes ages.

The Marshall badges will be die cast/moulded rather than die cut I would expect.

Cheers
Rich

I'm afraid for my machines that badge profile has too many varying radius curves. You are probably going to spend more than its worth to get a company to create the CAM file and mill it as a one-off, like £80-£120 which is a lot for one badge. Arrk, CRDM, proto-labs and the like (google rapid prototyping) will lead you there. There are companies in China that you can email CAD files to and they will CNC them and send you the parts within 3 days but again it is all based about min order value.

Cheers,
Rich

Get yourself some opaque acrylic sheet and a Dremel...

What does Alex do? Maybe he's interested in buying a load off you if you can find out what the minimum order is.

https://www.ponoko.com

Edited by TimR

The disconnect between the "B" and the "a" could also be a problem. What colour and what size (including thickness) do you envisage? What is the angle on the bevel?

A dremel won't cut it, the blades aren't fine enough. My Hegner with a number 1 or 3 blade might but it wouldn't be easy.

Steve

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1396174779' post='2410567']
Err, Alex already has his own logo, why would he want to put a knock-off Marshall alike on his gear?
[/quote]Thanks for your comment. It's not a knock off, I just want a more vintage look on my cab.