Why become a member? ×

Yup another Noob!

L1zz1e

Hey Im Lizzie, just found out about this forum and thought id give it a go!

Been playing for about 4 years ish so I guess that makes me a noob! hehe

Im playing two fretted 5 strings, one Warwick Streamer Stage2 and one customised Squier Jazz with Quarter pounder pickups, one Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 4 string and my (nearly complete) custom build Precision that Im making to look mid-60s period (inc chrome covers et al!) Bartolini 8s - which is my baby at the moment! Its got a birds eye maple neck to die for!!

Currently playing an Ashdown MAG 250 1x15 combo with an mxr M188 envelope and TRex Tube Squeezer!

Enough about the geeky stuff but Im a totally anal about everything bass - groove, pocket, feel everything!

But enough about me...

=0)

x

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='236498' date='Jul 10 2008, 01:31 PM']What's your poison, Lizzie? Punk, jazz, folk, classical, rock, zydec, afro-pop, indie, hip-hop, acid-jazz, jazz-funk, EMO, death metal, speed metal![/quote]

All in one song... mm, NICE!

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='236494' date='Jul 10 2008, 01:27 PM']Hey Im Lizzie, just found out about this forum and thought id give it a go!

Been playing for about 4 years ish so I guess that makes me a noob! hehe

Im playing two fretted 5 strings, one Warwick Streamer Stage2 and one customised Squier Jazz with Quarter pounder pickups, one Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 4 string and my (nearly complete) custom build Precision that Im making to look mid-60s period (inc chrome covers et al!) Bartolini 8s - which is my baby at the moment! Its got a birds eye maple neck to die for!!

Currently playing an Ashdown MAG 250 1x15 combo with an mxr M188 envelope and TRex Tube Squeezer!

Enough about the geeky stuff but Im a totally anal about everything bass - groove, pocket, feel everything!

But enough about me...

=0)

x[/quote]

Hi Lizzie and welcome from me........
You will love it in here they are all anal except me.
Would love to see Precision ......sounds nice

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='236498' date='Jul 10 2008, 01:31 PM']What's your poison, Lizzie? Punk, jazz, folk, classical, rock, zydec, afro-pop, indie, hip-hop, acid-jazz, jazz-funk, EMO, death metal, speed metal......

Go on, tell us, tell us now!!!

:wacko: :) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :) :huh: :) ;)[/quote]

hehe well, its more about who i like than what really. What can be pretty much anything thats good. Players include, Danyel Morgan (robert randolph), Jesus (Lettuce) Stanley Clarke, Wooten, Jamerson, Meshell Ndgeocello umm and probably loads ive forgotten!

=0)

[quote name='Telebass' post='237644' date='Jul 11 2008, 09:48 PM']Welcome, L1zz1e, can't wait to see your 'new' Precision. I'm a big P-bass fan, as I hope my signature shows![/quote]

lol now youve asked for it!!

Heres a plethora of lovely piccies of my bass!!

Theres more too if you want to see them!

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='239312' date='Jul 14 2008, 05:05 PM']hehe well, its more about who i like than what really. What can be pretty much anything thats good. Players include, Danyel Morgan (robert randolph), [color="#000000"][size=4]Jesus[/size][/color] (Lettuce) Stanley Clarke, Wooten, Jamerson, Meshell Ndgeocello umm and probably loads ive forgotten!

=0)[/quote]

:)

Im new too, and in a few short days i've dwindled far too much of my time away reading these pages, learning, GAS-ing, learning, GAS-ing, GAS-ing, and debating the correct use of Jobseekers Allowance. People seem cool, and the banter light hearted. I like it, welcome!

Jesus (Deano)

[quote name='Jesus' post='239402' date='Jul 14 2008, 06:44 PM']:)

Im new too, and in a few short days i've dwindled far too much of my time away reading these pages, learning, GAS-ing, learning, GAS-ing, GAS-ing, and debating the correct use of Jobseekers Allowance. People seem cool, and the banter light hearted. I like it, welcome!

Jesus (Deano)[/quote]

Nice to meet you Jesus
=0)
x

[quote name='elom' post='239648' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:40 PM']He's your own personal jesus (every newbie gets a free one as part of the forum software)[/quote]

Yup, bass buddies. Any problem whatsoever give me a shout and i'll try and turn it into fish or something. Its what i do.

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='239813' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:38 AM']What about that water into wine stuff? I bet you get invited to all the parties![/quote]

Wines not as popular with the mass's as it used to be. Water into Sambuca draws a bigger crowd these days.

[quote name='Jesus' post='240029' date='Jul 15 2008, 01:59 PM']Wines not as popular with the mass's as it used to be. Water into Sambuca draws a bigger crowd these days.[/quote]

Im sure it will make a comeback.. Either that or you could corner a new market, water into beer!

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='240049' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:12 PM']Im sure it will make a comeback.. Either that or you could corner a new market, water into beer![/quote]

Don't get me wrong, im good at what i do but beer is a recipe best left well alone. In my eyes there is Kronenburg, and there are other beers. I know Messiahburg could never match Kroney for it sheer hops-iness (a real word, probably), and attention to fizz and slow release drunkeness, and i would never want to produce just 'another' beer. For this reason i only produce Red Wine, and Spirits.

note: Jesus is under 40years of age and therefore does not drink fizzless beer and ales.

Edited by Jesus

[quote name='Josh' post='240070' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:31 PM']Can't wait to see pics of that Stage II Lizzie!!

Also your one of the very few people on here that are fans of Robert Randolph and The Family Band, fantastic taste :)[/quote]

Man, that dudes awesome! I specifically went to hard rock calling the other weekend jsut to see him (well, Danyel Morgan...lol) and every single train me and my other half went on was delayed. We both got there jsut as his set was ending. I was sooooo pissed off lol! But im sure he will be back in the UK soon. Does anyone know anything? But what can i say, Im a sucker for slap and groove. Cant help it! lol

I think Danyel playes a 6 string but I dont know what make..

Gotta show the love for Tal Wilkenfeld too, being a girl and all!

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='240079' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:37 PM']Man, that dudes awesome! I specifically went to hard rock calling the other weekend jsut to see him (well, Danyel Morgan...lol) and every single train me and my other half went on was delayed. We both got there jsut as his set was ending. I was sooooo pissed off lol! But im sure he will be back in the UK soon. Does anyone know anything? But what can i say, Im a sucker for slap and groove. Cant help it! lol

I think Danyel playes a 6 string but I dont know what make..

Gotta show the love for Tal Wilkenfeld too, being a girl and all![/quote]

Now that just sucks worse than Ricky Gervais!!

Danyel played Modulus basses for a while, it might of been his Qauntum 6 he used exclusively on Un-Classified, because otherwise I've been seeing him use Lakland as of late, still he is highly underrated amongst other bassists, I bought Un-Classified just by going on his intro to I Need Love Everyday, and I'm glad I did :) .

[quote name='Josh' post='240087' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:42 PM']Now that just sucks worse than Ricky Gervais!!

Danyel played Modulus basses for a while, it might of been his Qauntum 6 he used exclusively on Un-Classified, because otherwise I've been seeing him use Lakland as of late, still he is highly underrated amongst other bassists, I bought Un-Classified just by going on his intro to I Need Love Everyday, and I'm glad I did :) .[/quote]

I know!! I checked out his myspace tho and his solo stuffs not that hot. A bit like boyz2men lol! I bought it based on the bass intro to Squeeze! Love it! And yes, missing them did suck!

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='240109' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:07 PM']I know!! I checked out his myspace tho and his solo stuffs not that hot. A bit like boyz2men lol! I bought it based on the bass intro to Squeeze! Love it! And yes, missing them did suck![/quote]

Ah well his grooving is enough for me, any soloing would ruin it for me :)

[quote name='Josh' post='240117' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:16 PM']Ah well his grooving is enough for me, any soloing would ruin it for me :)[/quote]

yeah i wouldnt really bother looking into his solo stuff..

What do people think of Tal Wilkenfeld?

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='240686' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:35 AM']yeah i wouldnt really bother looking into his solo stuff..

What do people think of Tal Wilkenfeld?[/quote]

Ummm for me, IMHO I think she is kind of overrated, all she really is to me is a fusion player, good sound and great feel but nothing I haven't seen other players of lesser fame pull off with ease.