Why become a member? ×

BH500 sound feels fake.

Mr Anthony

Good evening to you all,

I've got a question, and it's mainly for other users of this amp, but feel to to chip in if you have an answer.

I guess it's an open question really, might not have an answer, I don't know. But, whenever I use headphones with this amp, the sound feels fake. Almost as if it's far too processed. Even with the EQ flat, all the bonus effects turned off and the EQ on my bass off too. I don't have a cabinet here at uni with me, and the last time I really got to use this amp properly was before Christmas in an old 2x15 cab up in the studio. I can't work out if it's me, the headphones, or the cabinet simulation the amp supposedly has. It's bugging me, because it's making me think I want a different amp.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's really hard to explain what it actually sounds like, but it just doesn't sound how I feel like an amp should.

Cheers,

- Anthony.

[quote name='Mcgiver69' timestamp='1394795937' post='2395299']

The king has spoken and I bow to the king!
[/quote]

There is no arguing. That's for sure. To be fair, it's like I said, just didn't want to think I was being daft or anything. I never really get to run the amp through a cab, having trouble getting gigs at the moment and with not having a cab at uni with me, it's headphones only for now. :(

Edited by Mr Anthony

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]There was a farmer had a dog,[/color]
[color=#000000]And Bingo was his name-o.[/color]
[color=#000000]B-I-N-G-O[/color]
[color=#000000]And Bingo was his name-o.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Now the farmer bought some cans,[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Grado was their name-o.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]G-R-A-D-O[/color][/size][/font]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]G-R-A-D-O[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]G-R-A-D-O[/font][/color]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]And amazing was their tone-o.[/size][/font]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1394926089' post='2396878']
I enjoyed it, it did make me wonder if you needed to take up a new hobby for your satudays. But I did enjoy it.
[/quote]

Thanks! :D But I didn't think I had a Saturday hobby... unless you count drinking.