Why become a member? ×

Warmoth Jazz bass for sale cost £1300 to build asking price £650 beauty!!
£650

safc19371973

[attachment=156513:DSC_0130.jpg][attachment=156514:DSC_0133.jpg][attachment=156515:DSC_0145.JPG][attachment=156516:DSC_0147.jpg]

Warmoth bass for sale cost around £1300 to build price £650

Walnut body maccassar Ebony neck and fret board!!! no finish on neck as not needed so super smooth and fast to play St/Steel frets Lindy pups and J retro pre amp so loaded with good stuff

love a jazz bass that can sound like one but with lots of other options then take a look Cracking bass not played anything in the shops that I love as much as this.

Just don't play anymore! will be sad to let this one go!!

Can you provide an accurate weight please? What is the hardware (bridge and tuners)? Is the J-Retro a 'flat response' version or the 'regular' version (which colours the sound even when the eq controls are set flat)? Does the neck have steel or graphite reinforcement? Is it a one-piece neck or is the fingerboard slab a separate piece of ebony? Is the truss rod adjuster at the heel end and a hex nut or a cross/flathead screw type? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1393693351' post='2383458']
Can you provide an accurate weight please? What is the hardware (bridge and tuners)? Is the J-Retro a 'flat response' version or the 'regular' version (which colours the sound even when the eq controls are set flat)? Does the neck have steel or graphite reinforcement? Is it a one-piece neck or is the fingerboard slab a separate piece of ebony? Is the truss rod adjuster at the heel end and a hex nut or a cross/flathead screw type? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks
[/quote]

Hardware Gotoh through body bridge and schaller bml tuners, £200 J-Retro deluxe passive/active with bright pull switch please see J-retro website, Lindy split pups £200, Neck has Steel double expanding truss rod and 2 step stiffening bars to create a strong and stable bass neck while stiffening rods increase stability and add mass to counteract dead spots with separate fingerboard, truss adjusted heel end screw driver type (please see warmoth website) not sure of the weight quite heavy as material used but well balanced! had another warmoth bass with all the same gear on but neck was birdseye maple and swamp ash body which was lighter which I sold as this one sounds a lot better. hope this helps

[quote name='safc19371973' timestamp='1393753482' post='2383919']
Hardware Gotoh through body bridge and schaller bml tuners, £200 J-Retro deluxe passive/active with bright pull switch please see J-retro website, Lindy split pups £200, Neck has Steel double expanding truss rod and 2 step stiffening bars to create a strong and stable bass neck while stiffening rods increase stability and add mass to counteract dead spots with separate fingerboard, truss adjusted heel end screw driver type (please see warmoth website) not sure of the weight quite heavy as material used but well balanced! had another warmoth bass with all the same gear on but neck was birdseye maple and swamp ash body which was lighter which I sold as this one sounds a lot better. hope this helps
[/quote]

Also check out Warmoth bass site Customers basses both the two I have had are on there under J basses Steve O'Connor

[quote name='alembic63' timestamp='1394230495' post='2389464']
Lovely Bass mate,

Can I ask who made it ? and whats the exact weight please...

Cheers Ian
[/quote]

about 12lb but had no problems myself as lovely balanced bass Warmoth parts I put it together myself then had it in for a set up and had really good feedback that it didn't need it so was really pleased

• 4 weeks later...