Why become a member? ×

Gallien Kruger MB Fusion - Thoughts?

JPJ

As it would appear that my knackered back as further knackered itself (nothing at all to do with humping my man-sized bass rig honest ;) ), I might be forced to consider moving to some of this new fangled lightweight gear sooner rather than later.

Having had a mooch around online and on here, one amp that interests me is the GK Fusion 800, reason being I liked the sound of the old GK Fusion (550?) and 800w would give me the comfort of knowing that I should be able to get my preferred clean sound at higher stage volumes. I know the 800w version is relatively new, but have any of our esteemed membership been up close and personal with one of these babies yet? If so, what's the verdict?

I had the MB Fusion 500 for a while. It`s very GK sounding on its own, but in the mix it really seems to fill out. It was also very loud, with one efficient 410 I never had the volume on more than 3 usually, went up to 4 once, and that was in a massive hall that held 500 plus.

I think it was Lozz I bought my MB.

I got it as a light weight back up amp to my Markbass LMK, I am very impressed it is a keeper, I use it most for home practice, Band practice, Big Band jazz gigs, I also use it as a valve pre Amp into the Markbass channel two with one bass into the GK and my other bass via pedal board into channel 1
Awesome.
The 800 has lots of very good improvements over its little brother, lights, push knobs instead of sliders on top etc.
Note - It could be too powerful depending on your bass and cabs. mess up ya gain ratio's
I did change the valves to Brimar 12 AX7's but thats just me trying to be a smart ass

There are 2 x MB 500 for sale on here at the mo, get one and try that first. ;)

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1393278435' post='2378274']
Pretty sure I bought Lozz's MB Fusion. Fantastic tone and very loud through by 2 Barefaced Compacts. I couldn't imagine ever needing the 800 watt version. If you're ever down Harrogate way you're welcome to try it.
[/quote]

It was indeed, nice little amp that, glad to hear it`s still going strong.