Why become a member? ×

Stretch - bass players?

Paul S

I've recently been re-acquainting myself with some old Stretch stuff, which I am really enjoying. The whole history of how the band formed, the Mick Fleetwood thing etc is really quite fascinating. Anyway - the tone of the bass in the album Elastique is just exactly what I love about Precision basses and has some lovely playing on it. Cue opening track Miss Jones:
http://youtu.be/HCzT0bxI6zo

According to Wikipedia (so it must be true) the bassist at that point was Paul Martinez. Is it him in the TTOP vid of 'Why Did You Do It' that is on Youtube? They seemed to chop and change bassists fairly frequently. He has a website, which says a lot about nothing in particular. Anyone know anything about him - if he is still doing it, what else he has specifically played on? 'Big Log' Robert Plant, apparently. Given that Basschat is the font of all knowledge, someone here must know him or his dentist etc

Ta :)

Yes he's on the PAL album 'Malice In Wonderland' (slightly cheesy title but well worth a listen) and was in Plant's backing band as well as on the first few albums. I saw him with Plant at the NEC on the 'Shaken n Stirred' tour. Good player.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1392388189' post='2368055']
Yes he's on the PAL album 'Malice In Wonderland' (slightly cheesy title but well worth a listen) and was in Plant's backing band as well as on the first few albums. I saw him with Plant at the NEC on the 'Shaken n Stirred' tour. Good player.
[/quote]

I saw him when PAL played the Rainbow Finsbury Park. Really tight band great gig.