Why become a member? ×

To modify or to not modify..............advice needed

donslow

Getting a P sound? Every P copy I've played sounds different!
I'd try re EQing your amp first & then try changing the pickups in the 800 (just the P) & see if that does it.
I play an SR1000 & mainly use just the P & can get a great blues tone (I used to play in a blues rock band).
Getting a P bass copy might not solve anything.

I personally find it hard to get a P Bass tone out of any Ibanez I have tried.

There is a rather smart looking Bitsa PJ for sale on here at the moment with a Mighty Mite Jazz neck that I reckon is a bit of a bargain at £185 delivered
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/228104-fs-precision-bass-special-bitsa-blackblackmaple-now-l185/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/228104-fs-precision-bass-special-bitsa-blackblackmaple-now-l185/[/url] The neck alone would have cost £100.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1392379085' post='2367899']
There's a lot of Squier P's going for £100 or less on ebay recently. You could always swap out the pup on that too and a neck on a Squier P is [u][b]only 43mm wide.[/b][/u]

I'd be very reluctant to do anything to the Ibby as you like it.
[/quote]

Only 43mm? :) 43mm is a floorboard compared to an Ibanez 800 neck!

Does anybody rate the mighty mite parts? Have been looking about and for a reasonable price I can pick up a jazz neck and pbass body but I've never had any experience with them? Are the mighty mite parts all their cracked up to be?

How comfortably, if anyone knows, would official fender scratch plates fit on them?

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1392405002' post='2368426']
Don't waste money on modding the Ibby, you will more than like still not get the sound you are after. It's sound advice that folk have given you to save your money and go for a Squire Precision.
[/quote]

Seems to be the general feeling, persevere with trying to sell/trade the ibanez