Why become a member? ×

'Africa' cover!

jakenewmanbass

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1392654824' post='2371124']
My first though was that the vocals were re-recorded or played with after recording. It may very well have been done that way on the night, I'm just very cynical and sceptical of anything I see on the internet.

It's all a work, brother.
[/quote]
There's some processing no doubt, but they are real performances, the things that tell me so are lip syncing (no one is that good) and dynamics.

Some of the processing with the TC Helicon stuff is getting quite sophisticated and they come in boxes small enough to have at your feet at a gig so who knows, though I think some of the harmonisers still sound a bit more 'artificial' than the sound in the OP's Africa clip. Vocal tweaking is probably here to stay so we might as well make the best of it.

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1392661140' post='2371266']
There's some processing no doubt, but they are real performances, the things that tell me so are lip syncing (no one is that good) and dynamics.
[/quote]

All very real indeed. - There is no Autotune, or Melodyne for that matter.
Compression yep, maybe some chorus or ADT of some kind during the chorus (more than likely just from a foot pedal)

Believe it or not, there are some folks out there who have good ranges and can sing in tune...
Not every one is a Pro Tool.... :D

Edited by lowdown