Why become a member? ×

These are the rules (Bass players, see No. 5)

John Cellario

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1392027230' post='2363645']
Unless they're being just as ironic.

I suppose if you were to take it seriously, at least if your band confirms to all those old tired rock band cliches, be aware that they're tired cliches and revel in the fact. For god sake don't think you're being edgy unless you've taken that cliche to new levels like Mr Venom.
[/quote]

It's a very confused list though. Some of the "rules" are about avoiding tired old cliches, while others seek to enforce them. I might take some interest in a similar list from a noted performer rather than a journalist (like Captain Beefheart's infamous guitar commandments), though more as an insight into their way of working than as a set of rules.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1392034384' post='2363769']

It's a very confused list though. Some of the "rules" are about avoiding tired old cliches, while others seek to enforce them. I might take some interest in a similar list from a noted performer rather than a journalist (like Captain Beefheart's infamous guitar commandments), though more as an insight into their way of working than as a set of rules.
[/quote]

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read".
Frank Zappa