Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pickups

Thunderbird

Hi guys I am thinking of upgrading my pickups in my Fender P bass now I really know sweet FA about Pickups Do I need hum cancelling or not? I normally play hard rock/metal I would really like an SPB-3 quarter pounder but are there any alternatives out there worth looking at I quite like the look pf the Tonerider TRP1 it seems like it has a fairly hot output 11k but that is not hum cancelling (does that matter) I have also looked at the Tesla Pro P bass pickup that is dual coil? but seems fairly hot at 11.2k but like I say I really dont have much idea about them to be honest and my bass is passive.Thanks in advance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TESLA-PRO-P-BASS-STYLE-PICKUP-ALNICO-MAGNETS-SCREWS-INCLUDED-B-N-I-B-/331107265771?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4d1787eceb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tonerider-P-Bass-Guitar-Pickup-Precision-Plus-pickup-in-Black-TRP1-BK-/370958915452?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item565edfd77c

The SD Quarter Pounder would probably really work well for that sort of music Paul. I`ve had them when I was doing heavy rock in a Precision and they fitted very well. Give some good break up, and a more modern sound, a kind of metallic twang to the top-end, if that makes any sense - certainly more definition on the highs than the regular Fender pickups.