Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Jazz CIJ 2002-04 NOW SOLD*****************************
£450

mart3442

[u][b]SOLD****CIJ Circa 2002-4 Fender Geddy Lee signature Jazz Bass.[/b] [b]SOLD*****[/b][/u]

[b]All original, in used condition, has marks and scrapes.
Bought by myself from Chicago Music Exchange in 2011, this was my touring Bass in the 'States, (its actually the Bass in my avatar).
Lovely skinny neck with super low action, usual Jazz trademarks with that wiry, growly tone.
Looking for around £450, may be tempted to trade for something that stirs my interest.
Based outside Liverpool, happy to post at buyers expense.[/b]
[b]I have extra pics showing marks on the body that I am unable to upload here. PM your email and I'll send them to anyone interested.

Cheers.[/b]

Edited by mart3442

I'm in Cornwall, mate. Where men are men and sheep are nervous! :ph34r:

I'll take it. Been after a Jap Ged for a while. A quick look at a pic to make sure would be cool though.

Edited by odysseus

[quote name='mart3442' timestamp='1390062299' post='2341074']
Bought by myself from Chicago Music Exchange in 2011, this was my touring Bass in the 'States
[/quote]

...is that the easiest way to fly to the usa with a bass then? Buy it there? I like that idea!

This is a total bargain bass btw!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1390124192' post='2341587']
...is that the easiest way to fly to the usa with a bass then? Buy it there? I like that idea!

This is a total bargain bass btw!
[/quote]

Heres the story: I have a genuine 1971 Jazz in the Geddy spec. At the time, it was in pieces and in need of a respray. We had a bit of downtime and went to the shop for a mooch. They had a 72 in the same spec as mine. I played it through a couple of the amps they had set up. A salesman appeared and came out with some line like: "Great tone, its a combination of that Bass and the amp" (think it was an SVT).
I got all uppity and reminded him that tone is also in the players hands. To prove my point, I took the Geddy off the wall and a/b'd it with the '72. Very close in tone and the Geddy felt and played better. The '72 was $4500, the Geddy was $700. It was a no brainer.
Getting it home was easy: Took the neck off then put the lot in a folded over gigbag which I took on as hand luggage.
I've brought a stack of basses to and from from the states, never been stopped or questioned....

Edited by mart3442